Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
6,577 Posts
Haven't been there in prolly 10 years.

Not since I found JLC's forum, and this place.

There's no pro discussions anyway, if I remember right. Just a bunch of DIY homeowners, who didn't want to learn the trade, just wanted someone to tell them it was O.K. to hack in there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
JLC forum is way down in traffic too. There's lots of daily action at Breaktime Classic. Lots of the old guys and gals from the original Breaktime.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I used to hang at Roofing.com mostly Insurance Restoration types, good info. Also Roofingtalk.com which seemed like real roofers.

I remember the first couple days on this site I'd open it up and all these unread posts my head was spinning I'd read down through a post and come back to the front page and all new ones.

This is where the action is and winter is coming its going to be a whole lot better!

·
Registered
9,783 Posts
JLC has never been any fun.

I'll lookup BTC
I know someone who was a member at JLC and here, but left here when one of the moderators from JLC who caused problems by deleting lots of posts joined over here. Since that dust up over there everything went downhill quickly.
Hopefully he doesn't do the same thing here.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know someone who was a member at JLC and here, but left here when one of the moderators from JLC who caused problems by deleting lots of posts joined over here. Since that dust up over there everything went downhill quickly.
Hopefully he doesn't do the same thing here.
The Mods here seem to do a real good job, except for Tinstafl, who still acts like an eager, clumsy rookie. I think they made him a mod cause they felt sorry for him :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
GC/carpenter
44,137 Posts
I can't stand anything Fine HomeBuilding after they sold out to the green movement. They used to be a great magazine. So that is probably why I wouldn't jump in their forum.

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
Contractor talk is famous now, take a look at this picture I took yesterday:

Projection screen Technology Event Electronic device Display device
I was all the way in the back of the room so the picture ain't great but this is a composite deck and railing conference in Baltimore. The speaker was taking about how great the resource of 3,000 contractors could be. They never said anything about the forums of jlc or fhb.

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
This is a great site. But unfortunately with a lot of good contractors comes some pretty big egos. Only bad thing about here. Pissin matches galore...and the guys who think a high post count gives them a license to talk down to everyone.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is a great site. But unfortunately with a lot of good contractors comes some pretty big egos. Only bad thing about here. Pissin matches galore...and the guys who think a high post count gives them a license to talk down to everyone.
I really don't know if you know what your talking about, you have 200 less posts than me, so STFU rookie.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Spencer said:
You know this is one forum where you don't see this. All I see is contractors being contractors. Its almost like being on site with opinions and arguments. If you don't get that part of it that just means you never worked on a real building site. I have seen numerous guys walk of the site because they couldn't handle having their opinions knocked back in their faces. I been chased of a few my self in my younger days stating contracting. You soon learn to build a thick skin towards it all and if you don't you don't last long in this trade. I rarely see it now I work on me own though. I do miss it though lol

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm glad that's all that was involved in getting jumped into the mod squad.

I guess things were a little rougher back when Zeb was the head Mod.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts