Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to put that crown molding up for a customer, just a small job, but I hope could lead to referrals from him. Problem is I'm just one guy, the walls are 14 feet long, I need another set of hands. Nothing skilled just the hands, I don't even need the rest of the body!

How do you find this labor and more importantly how do you get it to show up for just a 1/2 day? I would pay him $10 an hour under the table cash at the end of the day if I knew he would show up. Should I pick up the labor or have them meet just meet me?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Usually word of mouth. Freinds who need work or friends of friends blah blah blah.

If it's only for a day or so, call a temp agency like labor force or something. Its gonna cost ya well more than $10 an hour though.

Your next choice is to have a kid and wait till he's a bit grown :) That's what most guys do.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Almost good advice Grumpy, my kid grew up to be a R&Rer. You can see him at coronalane.com he's Ben, the Hair guy. LOL Overall not bad. Stays away from drugs and alcohol, pays his bills and has hot and cold running women. Makes me wonder why I chose construction.
For temp help, I use LaborFinders. There is something similar near you, they cover all of the bases, WC, ins. all of it. runs $12.00 an hour here, min 4 hrs.
I try to wait until I can use them for a full day, It's all about scheduling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts