Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

I'm hoping you can help me with my first Question.

I need to find either blueprints or very detailed sketches of some complex roofs. Only the most complex because this really tests our abilities.

Reason: We are near completion of our new roof diagramming service and need this for testing. We have compared ours to to the major companies, but this does not garuntee accuracy; Just that we are doing it the same way as the BIG #1.

Also, if anyone cares to share... What features are the BIG companies missing that would benefit you?? Like the height from ground to roof line on the 4 corners of a home. 2 story? Downspout measurement? :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,622 Posts
the height from ground to roof line on the 4 corners of a home. 2 story? Downspout measurement? :thumbsup:
Using this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descriptive_geometry
you can get a view from any angle of any complex or simple shape.

With the computer doing the calculations it should be easy. By hand, it's awful.

"
The best direction to view

Two skew lines (pipes, perhaps) in general positions in order to determine the location of their shortest connector (common perpendicular)
Two skew lines (pipes) in general positions such that their shortest connector is seen in full scale
Two skew lines in general positions such the shortest connector parallel to a given plane is seen in full scale (say, to determine the position and the dimension of the shortest connector at a constant distance from a radiating surface)
A plane surface such that a hole drilled perpendicular is seen in full scale, as if looking through the hole (say, to test for clearances with other drilled holes)
A plane equidistant from two skew lines in general positions (say, to confirm safe radiation distance?)
The shortest distance from a point to a plane (say, to locate the most economical position for bracing)
The line of intersection between two surfaces, including curved surfaces (say, for the most economical sizing of sections?)
The true size of the angle between two planes
"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts