Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,942 Posts
My next one will either be Blue Jean metallic or black probably. I like white but I like those better

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,773 Posts
We’ll see. I’ll have to admit black was not on my list, but when I saw it I wanted it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
i know the feeling.

mp '99, PSD, was the first in northern Calif. it was jet black and LOOKED awesome, when it was clean...:laughing:

but, talk about a hot SOB...even on a cool day on the coast the interior cab temp you could bake bread.

black was also VERY DIFFICULT to keep clean...

also lots of buffing to get rid of minor scratches like from bushes etc...

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,277 Posts
A buddy of mine asked me what color he should paint his van. I took some mud and threw it on his van and told him when it dries paint it that color.

And he did.

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Mines black and when its waxed nothing nicer than that deep mirror finish
Mine is hardly ever completely polished up, but the few times it is, it's worth it to see that shine:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
A buddy of mine asked me what color he should paint his van. I took some mud and threw it on his van and told him when it dries paint it that color.

And he did.
I’ve been seeing a lot of new mud colored Toyota trucks lately, I like the color.

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Im over due for a detail service, I try twice a year. Spring and fall for a wax/compound job

Im rocker panels and fenders are fine but my door bottoms and bed are declining. I spray some rust inhibitor on the bottom of the door seams once in a while when I remember. Its has prolonged surface rust busting through

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
If its hot out (100) I like it to have a few minutes . On site visit day it doesn't turn off much, just leave it running during the summer.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

My engine record says 150hrs total , 75 of it idling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
States with anti-idling laws include:

Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
District of Columbia
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Kansas
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
West Virginia

https://www.rd.com/article/car-idling-illegal/

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I think NJ's allows 3 minutes or something like that. I'm sure it happens, but I've never heard of someone getting ticketed for it

-Rich

21 - 32 of 32 Posts