Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up 26,000 feet of 6" rural water main yesterday. :clap::clap: 7' deep, dig and doze, no compaction....we're hoping for average of 1500' a day. here's a pic of the route.

Attachments

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
Is it just me or when you have to use a satellite map as a blueprint perhaps you should refer to it as more than a "job"? :laughing:

Best of luck, hope you get it all done before the snow.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
hoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lay pipe!!:clap::clap::clap:
what kind of material are you put'n in? Was the bid a rip-it and read-it or did you ease into a deal like an old man into a warm bath;)

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lay pipe!!:clap::clap::clap:
what kind of material are you put'n in? Was the bid a rip-it and read-it or did you ease into a deal like an old man into a warm bath;)

all 6" class 200 PVC. no, we had to bid it. it's a labor only job, the system is providing all the material. this work typically is VERY competitive. we left 13 cents a foot on the table on the pipe, i feel pretty good about that, there was 4% spread tween me and 2nd.

·
Captain of the Titanic
708 Posts
just picked up 26,000 feet of 6" rural water main yesterday. :clap::clap: 7' deep, dig and doze, no compaction....we're hoping for average of 1500' a day. here's a pic of the route.
1500 lft per day!!!!!!!!

Geeze, take your time a little. There may not be another job for a while.:blink:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts