Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I hope that this forum is actually alive cause I could use some help. I run a communications cabling company and I have run into a bit of a problem. My company started this year. I need to fill out pre qualification forms for general contractors so that we can get work. The problem is that all of the PQFs that I see are asking for 3+ years of company data that I simply do not have. My company won't be able to generate enough work if I can't network with GCs, but I don't have the information that is needed to fill out these forms. I saw one that wanted 3 vendor references, 3 bank references, etc... I have one vendor I get nearly all of my materials from. They are fantastic and have everything I need at great prices. I also bank with one bank. What should I do?

Thank you for any help. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fake it til you make it.
Are you saying that I should just fill in the questionnaires with bs info? I've been doing the "fake it till you make it" thing forever, but I figured they are going to be checking this stuff out. Is there any legal trouble I can get into? Will the contractors not actually check any of this?

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
If you tell the truth they might be impressed by your integrity. Or they might decide youre too small to bother with. Or they might decide youre small enough to get you strung out on receivables and then brush you off.

If you lie they might find out and never talk to you again. Or they might not actually call references.

You could also tell half the truth. Theyll get one good reference from your big supplier and maybe the other phone numbers are wrong. If they need a body theyll run with the one good reference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts