Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Fieldstone chimney

1321 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  6stringmason
Posted by a local builder on Facecrook. I didn't comment on it. But my gut feeling is I hope to hell they tru-flashed it. :eek:
Image uploading. Refresh page to view
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Not a bad concept with the cap, but jesus is that a piece of tile up there on top......crane is like 300 bucks for under an hour.
There's no natural rhyme or reason to the stonework. Horrible bonding , the horizontal joint COMPLETELY across the chimney about mid way up.
Eh, I should shut up, but this is what people get when they wonder why this guy was so much cheaper. At least I hope he was cheaper.
Kinda leans to the right about half way up.
That would explain why the lean starts about half way up. They must have blocked it and either its glue on rocks or they hung a piece of plywood up there, then it changed direction lol.
There's no natural rhyme or reason to the stonework. Horrible bonding , the horizontal joint COMPLETELY across the chimney about mid way up.
Eh, I should shut up, but this is what people get when they wonder why this guy was so much cheaper. At least I hope he was cheaper.
Is it me or does it kind of twist/ spiral
I saw the pic before the comments, and thought the same thing, thin stone. Probably right over the old brick which is why it looks like that on top.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.