Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this shower replacement today in Harrisburg. I got this job on a word of mouth referral from a defense attorney at the PA Attorney Generals Office.
Its going to be a Swantone Shower base, Swanstone shower walls with trim kit and Recessed shelf, Delta faucets, Elcoma Flip-down shower seat, Elio LED Grab Bars and Basco Celeste 3/8" thick Pivot & Panel Shower door.
Here's the before photos...

Attachments

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tearout, a ton of blocking for seat, doors, bars etc...
The Elio LED bars have 2 wire feeds for each end of the bar so I had to mark off all locations exact before fishing the low voltage wire.
By the end of the day, I had the new valve body intalled and the shower base set in a bed of mortar and fully hooked up for tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ohiohomedoctor said:
Nice! :thumbsup:

Those grab bars run on 110?
Yeah, you have to install a junction box and they all hook up to a transformer then were going to pull power from the gang box at the light switches and add in a new switch.
This one will be a standard switch install... Nothing fun like motion sensors or the Clapper :laughing:

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far, there is only one small detail that I don't like about the grab bars. The ends have clips that slide into place which cover the mounting screws. They are hard to get out and I fudged one of them up a little... I think they need to package the clips separately or send 1 or 2 extras with a bar.
Alls I really need to do is try to bend it back to form but I may need to get an extra one asap...:whistling

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tomorrow will be a loaded day of boarding walls and installing wall panels w/ cut out for recessed shelf. The shower base is Bone to match the existing toilet and the walls will be one of Swanstones newer colors, Prairie.
More photos to come in the upcoming days. :rockon:

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,570 Posts
Probably an optical delusion, but that seat looks like a leg-banger. Never had one, but I think I'd personally prefer such a thing in a corner. [/gratuitous opinion]

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The flip down seats are pretty nice and they do free up some room if your standing. My customers elderly aunt lives with her and this shower is for her. She liked the idea of having the seat up while she helps her aunt into the shower, then flip the seat down for her :thumbup:

·
Future Post Deleter...
1,895 Posts
i dont like thoes delta handle held/ shower heads, the plastic hose blows..

oh yea, and for your job, looks ok. :thumbup:

·
Bathroom Remodeler
622 Posts
Looks good!
How thick is that swanstone? And are those corners separate, guess they silicon in?

I get a lot of questions about using swanstone (always talk them into tile)

This will probably lead into a lot more jobs! Maybe even state funded projects too

·
Banned
3,020 Posts
Looks great Todd.

I played around a little with the end caps on my order of the Elio Grab Bars and found it did take a little effort getting them out nice.

Worth the effort those bars will add a lot of safety for your client.

Can't wait to see them on! :clap:

Nice job on the solid blocking.

Do you install grab bars just in Harrisburg or do you cover all of PA?

JW

1 - 20 of 44 Posts