Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's too late to get mad at this person.
His thinking was, well if the basement floods, (which it might) the fiberglass won't support mold. Hmmmph.

I don't know the proper name of this stuff, it looks like
OSB, only very fine white fiberglass. If you bump into it, you're gona feel like a pin cushion for a few days.

The question is: What now? He's gone and taped the seams, floated with hot mud...what kind of primer should I use?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't even mention the conduit that he ran all over the interior of the rooms. Or the elastomeric paint he slathered on his masonry walls. He's been using his bathroom sink to wash the hot mud out of buckets. i believe his plumbing is galvanized in a slab. I think he's shot himself already.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Not sure about the product but it kinda sounds like fibra fuse if it is it's a great product. Just float a second coat of mud over it, prime and paint.
http://www.drywallzone.com/fibafuse-paperless-wall-reinforcement-fabric-36-in-x-150-ft.html
Guess i should have said sounds like good product but not paint ready. From what you have said it sounds like it needs at least 2 more coats of all purpose mud then sand prime and paint as normal. This product also comes as paperless drywall tape in like 3" rolls. If you go to drywall talk.com and search fibra fuse there are some threads on it. The drywall guys love it so painters will be coming in contact with it. Use it a lot for damaged walls after wallpaper removal. This is not to be confused with fibra tape. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Not sure about the product but it kinda sounds like fibra fuse if it is it's a great product. Just float a second coat of mud over it, prime and paint.
http://www.drywallzone.com/fibafuse-paperless-wall-reinforcement-fabric-36-in-x-150-ft.html
Guess i should have said sounds like good product but not paint ready. From what you have said it sounds like it needs at least 2 more coats of all purpose mud then sand prime and paint as normal. This product also comes as paperless drywall tape in like 3" rolls. If you go to drywall talk.com and search fibra fuse there are some threads on it. The drywall guys love it so painters will be coming in contact with it. Use it a lot for damaged walls after wallpaper removal. This is not to be confused with fibra tape. Hope this helps you.
You're not getting it. He used fiberglass exterior SHEATHING as drywall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts