Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if this company's claims are valid http://www.helixfiber.com/.

Has anyone here used this product.

I do not do much concrete, maybe five jobs a year. Mostly flat work around residential, with the occasional driveway.

Any idea on costs, how does it finish? Would I need to find finishers experienced in the use of this product?

Thanks.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I've used something similar in the past by "Novacon", but they were stainless steel. It was for a machine base and was inside. It really depends on dosage for cost, but we paid about $56 a yard more as I recall.

I'd be aprehensive to use those fibers outside, as they're only zinc plated and could likely rust relatively quick on exterior flatwork???????

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Stuff looks dangerous, I can see stepping on one while screeding and having it go through my foot.

·
I'm a Mac
5,487 Posts
I did one slab in '05 with this product, couple things, it wears the hell out of your floats on your power trowel, it does rust so a floor covering is necessary but it does make for a strong floor

I have inquired a number of times about using it as a replacement for rebar in walls and no engineer I have dealt with has eliminated or reduced the amount of standard rebar required for my purposes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts