Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

On the rare occasion where bad framing leaves you no choice but to gun a few spots down to sit flat with trim nails, what do you guys use to cover/fill the pin holes? I have always just used caulk and touch up paint..... is there a better product designed for this? Also what do you all prefer to use to cover trim nail holes in azek trim?

Thank!

·
Registered
229 Posts
If it's staying white, Trimwelder has a Crayon for the nail holes. Easiest solution, but can't be painted. They also have a putty you can use, sand and paint if necessary. I wish they had colors to match the more common colors, like almond, clay, but that's a lot to ask. Latex caulk, color matched, and a rag for painted works, finger wiping will leave a mess though.

·
Every now and then poster
13,436 Posts
why bother it will [email protected] in a few years :clap:
no i do not like that siding
Pretty narrow minded there. I have not been a huge fan until this year. I can tell you that their customer service (Hardie) is second to none, and that a properly installed fiber cement job will far surpass any wood siding installation in quality and longevity. We have done 6 of these jobs this year and are very confident with the final product moving forward. I would suggest doing your research before making blanket statements based on little more than personal opinion.

http://www.ohiohomedoctorremodeling.com/hardieplank-siding-installer-in-dayton-ohio

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Silica dust? No thanks

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
ohiohomedoctor said:
Wear a mask...
I could wear a mask and instal asbestos just fine but why dont i?

·
Every now and then poster
13,436 Posts
I always place my clients best options above my personal dislike of safety precautions. Installed properly there are few better options for clients looking for high end maintenance free-ish finishes. You could fall off a ladder installing vinyl too but I'm sure you take proper precautions as you should while installing Hardie siding....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts