Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure labor cost to install a cement board facade on a two story commercial building. I have installed the lap siding in the past but have not used this method before. Has anyone installed this type of rainscreen (furring strips to create drain cavity and horizontal panel installation)? If so, what are current labor costs for this application. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Good luck around here, doesn't look like you read the rules or previous threads. Use the search and you'll quickly realize it's not the best idea to ask for "costs" or "going rate" We don't know what you're worth. You should be able to figured out what it cost you to do and add you special number for you profit. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Honestly i wouldnt touch that system. I had the pleasure of woking with it last summer and can not se how a guy could bid it and make money. I know the contractor I worked with didnt make much money on that phase of the project. The layout of your furing alone is enought to drive a guy insane. the specs call for if i remember corectly, 24 7/16 OC. so try laying out a 100' wall doing that. NOT FUN! Luckely I didnt have the pleasure of installing the pannels. but from what I read in the instal instuctions it was a huge pain in the but. you couldnt get the stuff wet and the dust alone would stain it. The wern't no Hardie panel they were about 4x heavyer and 10' long. Glad I didnt have to touch the stuff. I for got to mention you have to pre drill all your holes and install the provided screws in a certain patern. The screws also had to be torqued to spec.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input. I haven't worked with that system before and it looked like something a guy could lose his but on if there wasn't enough money in for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts