Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my new rework patch with glue and fiba under 10 mins

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im looking forward to trying this fibafuse stuff where can u find it is it a drywall finishing product or something you discovered and improvise with? I take a bit of pride in my method for doing butt joints but I will still get an occasional crack (hairline) but its rare I think some butt joints will crack no matter what you do if there placed in a high stress area by the hangers. I
"V" out my buts with a razor and prefill with 20 before I tape. I then tape and for 1st coat and 2nd coat I split the tape with a 10" blade for 1st and 12" for 2nd coat the only mud I put over the tape is with a 3rd skim coat and my butts are consistantly flat enough to put a 4ft straight edge with no rocking of the straight edge. I always find that butts are the 1st thing to show humps so Im OCD about getting them flat and flush but Im always looking for new tricks.

·
Registered
468 Posts
my new rework patch with glue and fiba under 10 mins
Hey Ice, do you notice more bubbling / poc marks when going over the heavy glued areas? The reason I ask is cause when I use a heavy dose of Mud Max to do some patches my second coat always bubbles up, especially where the glue mix was used. Does the spray glue cause this too?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im looking forward to trying this fibafuse stuff where can u find it is it a drywall finishing product or something you discovered and improvise with? I take a bit of pride in my method for doing butt joints but I will still get an occasional crack (hairline) but its rare I think some butt joints will crack no matter what you do if there placed in a high stress area by the hangers. I
"V" out my buts with a razor and prefill with 20 before I tape. I then tape and for 1st coat and 2nd coat I split the tape with a 10" blade for 1st and 12" for 2nd coat the only mud I put over the tape is with a 3rd skim coat and my butts are consistantly flat enough to put a 4ft straight edge with no rocking of the straight edge. I always find that butts are the 1st thing to show humps so Im OCD about getting them flat and flush but Im always looking for new tricks.
i cut fibafues strips off my big rolls so there is no crease

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Ice, do you notice more bubbling / poc marks when going over the heavy glued areas? The reason I ask is cause when I use a heavy dose of Mud Max to do some patches my second coat always bubbles up, especially where the glue mix was used. Does the spray glue cause this too?
I made a California patch with fiberfuse as a test and 10 mins after I put it on the wall I did my first coat of mud and it looked good . this is how i am going to do my patch work now ...why make hotmud when thin coats dry fast and with a heat gun it is so much faster
patch hole
1 take a 6x6 scrap drywall over hole
2 trace it over the hole
3 glue a 8x8 fiberfuse over 6x6
4 cut out the trace wall
5 spray wall and back of the fibafuse and stick to wall
6 spray the patch and wipe tight
7 clean knife ASAP
8 10 mins put your first skim coat on
9 heat it up if needed
10 scrap if needed and 2nd coat (skim)
you dont need heavy coats because its tight and smooth

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Never say never Ice .
i did another test with mesh tape then trimtex glue than fibafuse then spray 2nd coat of glue and wipe tight ...the next day I want back and 4 men could not pull it apart ...pull not twist...it will brake the drywall its very strong

1 - 11 of 11 Posts