Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I'm taking the dive into Festool tools:thumbsup:. I'm getting the TS 55 and a vac to get started. I was planning on the CT 26 but my salesman thought the 36 might be better. He didn't care, just said he sells 75% 36 and 25% 26.

Thoughts? I wasn't sure what most guys went with. I've got other larger vacs for general cleanup but if/when I get into a RRP job I'll need the HEPA, otherwise I would probably get the MIDI. Save that one for when I get a Rotex sander, right?

Also for the people that have this saw, what accessories will I need off the bat? I'm thinking another 55" rail and the saw acc. kit but I'm wondering of its worth price?

Thanks in advance

·
Dan
4,822 Posts
I have the CT22 which is close in size to the CT26, just the bags are now bigger and collapse on themselves as self cleaning. I would say get the CT26 unless you really need a lot of capacity in a shop setting. The Ct22 is fine for me and I have the TS75 and the rotex125 sander. It's heavy enough, can't imagine lugging around the CT36.

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
I have the ct33 and the ct26 and the bags don't seem hardly any different. If I was you I would go for the 26 as it's almost got the same size bag as the older 33 and it's a nice little compact vac. The ct36 is a pretty large beast to cart around.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the 26 and it is pretty big. I dont think i would want any larger. the bags are huge! They sell more 36 because its only $50 more but id rather have the portability. Keep in mind that youll most likely always have a sander or cleaning kit attached to the top of it so that adds height and bulk.

I also have the ts55. only accessories I have are extra blades. If I were to buy extra stuff for it I guess it would be the angle kit that come with an angle finder that attaches to the rail and other doo dads to get the most out of the saw. Like more splinter guards and rail stops.

Welcome to the addiction. Check out FOG under the festool site you can find it. Festool Owners Group.

The Rotex 150 is the balls and the new RO90 coming out first of next month looks real nice as well. :thumbup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I've been lurking this forum for a year, reading a lot. I love buying the best tools I can, that will also pay for themselves and as far as I can tell festool is the way to go. Addiction? I guess that's the best way to describe it. Thanks for all the good advice.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I'd get the 26 and a Mini/Midi when you can. I've had a CT22 in the past and now have a Fein turbo II along with a festool mini. It's really nice to have a tiny vac when sanding siding or making cutouts with the rotozip.

·
Allrounder Home Services
465 Posts
We have the CT22 vac for RRP lead cleanup. It's got plenty of capacity and can get heavy when the bag is full, so I'd suggest getting the smaller one for portability reasons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts