Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this thread has been posted many times before.

But I just wanted to see anymore people have purchased the ug stand and how it hold up on decks and heavy duty stuff as well as trim.

Plus have many of you guys tried the fastcap bestfence
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
My granny's grocery cart looks more durable than that stand! But a great resting place for your krapex and a bunch of hard earned money!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,910 Posts
DC INC said:
My granny's grocery cart looks more durable than that stand! But a great resting place for your krapex and a bunch of hard earned money!!!
I got one and its a great system .
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
My granny's grocery cart looks more durable than that stand! But a great resting place for your krapex and a bunch of hard earned money!!!
I love a good chuckle every now and then....thanks.


I've even doubled up with the UG wings when we were cutting some long, floppy chit.. 2 lefts and 2 rights, still kicks ass.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Gary H

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
Side by side or hooked together for a longer fence?
Hooked together.

I love that about Festool. We thought, "I wonder if you can....?". Sure you can, cuz some obsessive German had considered the possibility.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Gary H

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,910 Posts
BlueRidgeGreen said:
Hooked together.

I love that about Festool. We thought, "I wonder if you can....?". Sure you can, cuz some obsessive German had considered the possibility.
I'm going to try that Monday. Thanks for the tip
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
I'm going to try that Monday. Thanks for the tip
Only 1 problem with it. You gotta have 2 Lefts or 2 Rights. So it is only accomplished when me and my buddy join our UG collections like The Wonder Twins....."form of....a super long fence!"
 

·
GC/carpenter
Joined
·
43,918 Posts
I have the best fence and it's great for decks. It's very accurate as far as the stops are concerned. I use it with a Bosch Gravity rise stand.

Vehicle Bicycle accessory Product Automotive bicycle rack Transport



Product Vehicle Machine Wheel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
California decks-
I like the setup on the gravity rise. Looks to be similar to the shape and size of the UG with the advantage that it has material support built in if you don't feel the need to setup the fences.

Anyone know how the Bosch and UG compare in size, weight, etc in comparison? May help the op
 

·
GC/carpenter
Joined
·
43,918 Posts
Northwood said:
California decks- I like the setup on the gravity rise. Looks to be similar to the shape and size of the UG with the advantage that it has material support built in if you don't feel the need to setup the fences. Anyone know how the Bosch and UG compare in size, weight, etc in comparison? May help the op
The gravity rise is probably heavier then the UG but it sure is stable and easy to setup. The Best fence is made specifically for the Gravity Rise stand. Also the weight isn't a problem because I can get it in my truck by myself. I just put the top in, then raise it from the bottom and it rolls right in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
I have the best fence Pro. But for fast in and out. I use the Ridgid and Fastcap Kapex connector. I already had the Ridgid stand or else I would have bought the Bosch.It works great.The outrigger braces extend all the way down
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tonylumps said:
I have the best fence Pro. But for fast in and out. I use the Ridgid and Fastcap Kapex connector. I already had the Ridgid stand or else I would have bought the Bosch.It works great.The outrigger braces extend all the way down
Thanks

But not many guys using the ug stand I wonder how durable it is.
 

·
GC/carpenter
Joined
·
43,918 Posts
bbgcarpentry said:
Thanks But not many guys using the ug stand I wonder how durable it is.
I thought about buying it, because it looks very lightweight, however it doesn't look sturdy enough for heavy composite decking.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
Thanks

But not many guys using the ug stand I wonder how durable it is.
The UGCart is my choice when I do hit and runs.

MFT3 for extended setups.

Both are plenty stout. The UGCart is just quicker to setup and break down. Not by much, but it has that one end-of-day advantage that the MFT lacks........wheels!

My only tiny complaint about the system is that it is a little bit of a PITA on rough and uneven ground. I would've liked a lot more adjustability in the legs. I could say the same for the MFT's.

The Germans weren't counting on setting up in pastures and mountain hollows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
I have myself and my lead carpenter each setup with the kapex and UG setup, we do interior work so I can't speak on how it would work with decking material. Its been great for the trim and stairs/railings we work on. The big plus has been easy transport, setup, and material support. My one complaint concerns the plastic pieces that hold the extension wings while not in use, during the cold Canadian winters the plastic is very brittle and will crack easily.
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top