Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Contractor
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 TS-55 died for the second time after ripping some (dry) PT 2x lumber. It was rebuilt in 2017 or 2018 under warranty.

Now that the newest iteration has been released, what’s my best option-the corded or cordless option?

Most of my use in the last 4 years has been low volume interior trim or exterior siding jobs. I have a barely used TS-75 I’ll use for the time being, but ready to replace the broken saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,065 Posts
I have two of the Festool cordless. I actually sold my corded one because once we got cordless, we never used it again. Power seemed the same whether corded or cordless.

·
Contractor
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can’t switch to Makita, that would mess with my organization in the van lol.

I’m leaning towards going with the cordless kit with two batteries, it’s $100 more than the corded version.

Using the 75 yesterday was nice, it doesn’t bog down

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Can’t switch to Makita, that would mess with my organization in the van lol.

I’m leaning towards going with the cordless kit with two batteries, it’s $100 more than the corded version.

Using the 75 yesterday was nice, it doesn’t bog down

Wish I could get my hands on a 75. I still use a corded 55 and aside from it being underpowered I love it, but I'm afraid to go to a cordless just because if it's even remotely less powerful than my already strained cordless 55, I'll hate it.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Wish I could get my hands on a 75. I still use a corded 55 and aside from it being underpowered I love it, but I'm afraid to go to a cordless just because if it's even remotely less powerful than my already strained cordless 55, I'll hate it.
Hartville tool has TS75 in stock.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Sawdust follows Me Everywhere
67,201 Posts
When you have the makita and the festool will they line up the same on the chip out strip? I'm thinking of getting the Makita 36v to stick in my Packout boxes to replace the rear handled circular saw that I rarely use. I'd want to get a 55" track to so it will always be in my truck instead of me bringing it in and out because all I have is the one TS55.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
When you have the makita and the festool will they line up the same on the chip out strip? I'm thinking of getting the Makita 36v to stick in my Packout boxes to replace the rear handled circular saw that I rarely use. I'd want to get a 55" track to so it will always be in my truck instead of me bringing it in and out because all I have is the one TS55.
I have the Makita 36V and the older TS55. They are almost a 1/16" difference on the strip. I'll bet you can tune em up to match. But I use the Makita rail for the Makita and the Festool rail for the Festool, so I haven't cared enough to try.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts