Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
I like Green things
23,068 Posts
I think they will show up here.

Beam saws are big and heavy.

I would think the sword saw will cut faster, easier for angle cuts, lighter, clean cut, really shines for doing timber framing cutting tenons, oh dust collection too.

Abilty to utilize the guide rails.

These things were designed in/for Europe, lots of timber framed roof systems.

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
I think they will show up here.

Beam saws are big and heavy.

I would think the sword saw will cut faster, easier for angle cuts, lighter, clean cut, really shines for doing timber framing cutting tenons, oh dust collection too.

Abilty to utilize the guide rails.

These things were designed in/for Europe, lots of timber framed roof systems.
Have you seen one?

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
3 times the price if something that isn't sold isn't very much :laughing:

When I was doing the math in my head it was like, prazi $200 hd77 $200 x3 $1200
Valid point, I also wasn't thinking of including the mag77.

This saw would be perfect for stacking 5 2x12s for stair Stringers and cutting them all at once. I'd buy one for that alone.

·
GC/carpenter
43,850 Posts
RobertCDF said:
Valid point, I also wasn't thinking of including the mag77. This saw would be perfect for stacking 5 2x12s for stair Stringers and cutting them all at once. I'd buy one for that alone.
Now your talking, I would buy one for that also

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts

This saw would be perfect for stacking 5 2x12s for stair Stringers and cutting them all at once. I'd buy one for that alone.
Now your talking, I would buy one for that also
I have an 77 set up with a bar. Fit a fine tooth carving chain on it and I have gang cut stair horses, rafters, I-Joist etc with it.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts

I don't have a prazi, but I was thinking about getting one today after cutting 8 12 step stringers, and I have 8 14 step ones to do tomorrow. Then I have 10 15 step ones to do Tuesday,

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
I don't have a prazi, but I was thinking about getting one today after cutting 8 12 step stringers, and I have 8 14 step ones to do tomorrow. Then I have 10 15 step ones to do Tuesday,
I have a prazi but I've never really set it up, I wouldn't trust my employees to use it they'd probably cut off a leg. I'm going to get it setup and see if I can square it up enough to do stringers.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
I have a prazi but I've never really set it up, I wouldn't trust my employees to use it they'd probably cut off a leg. I'm going to get it setup and see if I can square it up enough to do stringers.
I think about it every time I frame a small roof to. I should just jump on it :laughing:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts