Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this up. Used it on a bunch of IPE dining tables, custom furniture steps etc. Detail jobs. Which we are getting more and more calls for.
80g makes IPE like glass. Takes off all of the sharp edges burs and markings, stains etc. 0 dust or smell. Don't be discouraged by the 3.5 pad. Set it on beast mode and fogetaboutit. Simply amazing lil work horse.
You really do use less paper almost 1/2 of the HD diablo 100pack of 80g that we normally use with our other 5" orbital's. The edge to protect pad from walls etc. The delta extension has another model with extended longer reach. No more hand ache or stiffness. It actually make sanding a pleasure. Sys box keeps it all organized. Another great job from the Festie. Worth every penny.
I wish they made there 5" or 6" with interchanging heads.

My Festie tower is growing.

Al the best CityDecksInc.com

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
eh, I really didn't like using the 3" pad. I returned the ro90 I purchased. I wish they made a 5" that changes to a triangle.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
I love the RO90. It's a great model to have that fits between the ro150 and dts. It takes a little while to get used to it's power but now it's my most used sander. Being able to switch to that delta head is sweet too and like Darcy says the paper is priced nice and lasts a good long time.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just picked this up. Used it on a bunch of IPE dining tables, custom furniture steps etc. Detail jobs. Which we are getting more and more calls for.
80g makes IPE like glass. Takes off all of the sharp edges burs and markings, stains etc. 0 dust or smell. Don't be discouraged by the 3.5 pad. Set it on beast mode and fogetaboutit. Simply amazing lil work horse.
You really do use less paper almost 1/2 of the HD diablo 100pack of 80g that we normally use with our other 5" orbital's. The edge to protect pad from walls etc. The delta extension has another model with an extended longer reach. No more hand ache or stiffness. It actually makes sanding a pleasure. Sys box keeps it all organized. Another great job from the Festie. Worth every penny.
I wish they made there 5" or 6" with interchanging heads.

My Festie tower is growing.

All the best CityDecksInc.com
The sand paper is really priced nice. The selection is just infinite. Had no idea about all the different types and ingredients they put in to it. Really top notch stuff. Bob Marino Best Tools next day Fetie anything. No huss no fuss.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts