Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made the plunge and bought the 55 saw. Now lets see how all of the master organisers on this site store and safely carry your rails. No systainer for this one and I am not paying $90.00 for a zip up bag.
I have a idea how I want to do it, but I thought I would steel some of your great ideas first.
You guys have been a great help to me so far and thanks again:thumbsup:

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
I have a shelf made specifically for them on top of my other shelving in the van.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i have a rack (basically a couple of ladder brackets) in my van but i also keep it in the original cardboard sleave which also had a strip of 3mm mdf in it to help stop it geting dinged (mine is a dewalt)

·
I like Green things
23,069 Posts
I have not been too careful with mine, any of them.

I have 2 1400's, a 1080, and a 3000. The 1400's I am kind of rough with, I usually just stick them in the truck or back in the cardboard box (still holding up after 1 1/2 years). The 1080 stays hooked to my MFT/3 most of the time. Now the 3000 worries me, I still have the wood box it was shipped in. When not in use it goes back in that box, when I travel with it, it stays in that box in my trailer.

Next year they are coming out with a nice bag for the rails. You will be able to keep the paralell guides in it, clamps, and all the other guide rail acessories.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I dont travel with mine daily, only bring them out when i know a job calls for them!! :thumbsup:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Too bad they don't have a flexible one like Mafell.:shifty:

·
Registered
635 Posts
I keep my shorter Dewalt rails in a zip up bag with the MDF packaging planks they came with. Seems to keep everything flat. The 102" track stays in the shipping sleeve.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just leaned them up against the side of my box truck on the top shelf. I never threw them around but at the same time I didnt treat them like glass. They can hold their own. If you are really concerned you could always build a case. 1" x 1" pine for the perimeter, 1/4" luan for the top and bottom, some hinges and a latch and they will be more than protected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts