Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was going to buy the midi to today but it does not meet canadain safety and has been recalled.

so do i go for the dewalt hepa vac what gets great reviews
the fein turbo 2
or the new makita 10 gallon auto clean.

none have hepa as standard

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
One thing I like about the Fein is that they are quiet. I would look at that. Might want to compare it size-wise with the CT-26.

I hear you on the MIDI, though. I would like to get one myself, as the CT-22 I have is too bulky sometimes.

·
Box Builder
6,320 Posts
I just got a midi and I'd like to know why it doesn't meet Canadian safety standards too. After having the midi for a month or so I'd look at the next step up. I have gone through 5 bags already. It really seems to fill up quickly and it is still super light when filled. I'm using it for a bunch of built ins. If the CT26 has a bigger bag and isn't too large for you I would check it out. Other than that, I've had a from for years and it has been great.

·
Tall Moose
109 Posts
I had a Midi, then got 'upgraded' to a CT26 when Festool Canada recalled the Midi.

For the 6 months I had the Midi, it was an awesome little vac. Wen't through a few bags for sure, but totally worth it for how compact it is.

Now...the CT26...is an awesome vac...the main reason I didn't get it originally was due to the size, and the fact that it didn't fit behind the seat in my truck...solved now though.

The CT26 is heavy when full, and significantly more awkward to cary up and down stairs. That...I don't like.

For what it's worth, I'm planning on picking up a Festool T-Loc Midi when I'm down in the states next. I don't see any reason not too...If the Midi meets UL specs...I don't see why it can't meet CSA...They (the feds) we're supposed to recognize equivalent certifications...

·
Registered
133 Posts
We just got the DeWalt HEPA. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving it a review yet, bit seems very nice. I would say it lends itself a little more toward a rougher site with the large wheels and dolly style handle. Also locks on to their grinder and hammer shrouds.

I hope to truly give it a work out soon.

Andy

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hammerone40 said:
We just got the DeWalt HEPA. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving it a review yet, bit seems very nice. I would say it lends itself a little more toward a rougher site with the large wheels and dolly style handle. Also locks on to their grinder and hammer shrouds. I hope to truly give it a work out soon. Andy
keep me posted im holding off untill I get more feed back i think the fest 26 will just be to big and heavy

·
Registered
133 Posts
The Dewalt is good. About same size as regular shop vac but handles site much better. A touch loud perhaps on full speed but definitely does the job. Cord wrap and hose clip work well. I say get it if you don't need the systainer holder.

Dewalg doesn't ship with hose tools and doesn't really have storage for them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.