Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Tall Moose
109 Posts
All I see is a Sys4 with some foam inside...I was expecting more.

A sys4 is $97 CAD, so it's not priced really any differently than regular systainers.

I do kind of fail to see why my lunch needs to be in a systainer...my fridge doesn't have a sysport inside it...though that actually might be a cool idea!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
It's a german company :laughing:

Dieder says it looks pretty, you can also put hot foods in there... and that's the way it will be - ya'vol

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
I ordered it yesterday. Only costs a bit more than a standard sys 4 too. I might put it into my left over sys4 but not 100% sure yet. I have owned quite a few dark colored coolers and cant say i noticed it being any worse. I think the thickness of the insulation is more important. As long as it keeps my drinks and food cool until lunch then im keeping it in the dark systainer. My esky and igloo dark coolers worked great. Not as nice as my current pelican one as that thing keeps ice for about 10 days.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I ordered it yesterday. Only costs a bit more than a standard sys 4 too. I might put it into my left over sys4 but not 100% sure yet. I have owned quite a few dark colored coolers and cant say i noticed it being any worse. I think the thickness of the insulation is more important. As long as it keeps my drinks and food cool until lunch then im keeping it in the dark systainer. My esky and igloo dark coolers worked great. Not as nice as my current pelican one as that thing keeps ice for about 10 days.
Agreed, as long as you're not keeping it in direct sunlight, the dark color shouldn't make a lick of difference...leave it out on the beach all day and maybe it's a different story, but who the heck gets to work on the beach all day?

·
Super Moderator
44,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So did you order one Cali?
:laughing: I don't like the blackness. I do like the fact it can be transported on my midi with my other boxes. I work in 110 degrees at times in the blazing sun. I don't think it's a fit for me. However I was thinking of just changing the insulation foam to a white one. But im not sure if the foam is removable or glued in. The other issue is because it says Festool I would worry about it getting lifted from the back of my truck. I don't think I want to devote that much attention or money to a cooler.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
I'm The BOSS
1,904 Posts
Beer in a systainer is def better than a tool in one :laughing:
Get a Styrofoam cheapo and you'll
be able to get 4 or 5 more case of BEER :bangin:

then Invite us to your place for a

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts