Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a Kapex and take delivery this week... almost bought there collapsable stand but the more I read the more people dont actually like tham.

I'm currently running a dewalt sliding on the rigid MSUV, any suggestions as to what and why I should buy?

I carry my tools in a trailer and usually roll my miter saw a few feet within the trailer, or inside the house.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,374 Posts
I like the UG stand a lot. I have no issues with it what so ever. If you don't want to pull/roll it up a staircase, turn 4 locking devices and you can lift the saw and bracket right off the stand. Carry the saw up the stairs, bring the stand up with the wings on the next trip. The wings nest on the stand, you can move the entire set up at one time. If you need to move the stand with the saw in the operational position make sure you tilt it back on the wheels, don't lift from the other side to move the saw.

The wings when installed properly work very well. They also fit the the MFT and CMS.

Tom

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I wish you could tag people here on CT cause I would tag Calidecks. He has a pretty sweet set up with the Bosch gravity rise and the Kapex. I do believe that is the set up I will be getting.:thumbsup:

·
GC/carpenter
43,888 Posts
CrpntrFrk said:
I wish you could tag people here on CT cause I would tag Calidecks. He has a pretty sweet set up with the Bosch gravity rise and the Kapex. I do believe that is the set up I will be getting.:thumbsup:
Here she is! I just ordered an 8' custom fence for it as well. It seems heavy, but loading it in a vehicle couldn't be more easier. Just set the front on the tailgate and lift the back up and in.

Vehicle Bicycle accessory Product Automotive bicycle rack Transport

Product Vehicle Machine Wheel

Machine Shooting sport

·
GC/carpenter
43,888 Posts
That's the Gravity Rise Stand with the BestFence rails and fence kit by FastCap. You can order as many fence sections to make it as long as you want with the connectors and the third hand. The third hand is a leg to hold it up on the end, once you get too long with the fence. You can also order the fence by the foot. It's 25 bucks a foot. If your just using one section of fence you don't need the third hand, on the gravity rise.

http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=44566

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
That's the Gravity Rise Stand with the BestFence rails and fence kit by FastCap. You can order as many fence sections to make it as long as you want with the connectors and the third hand. The third hand is a leg to hold it up on the end, once you get too long with the fence. You can also order the fence by the foot. It's 25 bucks a foot. If your just using one section of fence you don't need the third hand, on the gravity rise.

http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=44566
What's the total cost?

·
GC/carpenter
43,888 Posts
Total cost, stand, fence and kit to attach it to the kapex, was about 900 bucks. But it really is a great setup. I'm not sure what I like better, the saw or the stand and fence system. It sets up in about 3 minutes. And breaks down in about the same. Although I spend a little longer breaking it down because I vacuum and blow it all out before I load it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Gravity Rise for the Kapex Is the way to go. I have 2 other stands. The Fastcap with all the bells and the Ridgid The only one I ever use now is the Bosch. Even if I have to only make 1 cut. It is that easy to use. And the Fastcap fences are great.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, I'll look at the Bocsh one, how maneuverable is it through door ways in a home.

Basswood I follow you on facebook and love the design.

Reactions: basswood

·
GC/carpenter
43,888 Posts
N.Schiffer said:
Thanks guys, I'll look at the Bocsh one, how maneuverable is it through door ways in a home. Basswood I follow you on facebook and love the design.
Outside to outside of the widest part ( wheel to wheel ) is 27-3/4". But if by the odd chance you needed to get into anything smaller the saw disconnects from the stand by popping two levers. Then it lifts right off. At this point you could probably get through a 24" opening which the need to do that would be highly unlikely, but possible. I did a whole home Reno that included crown throughout. Sometimes I set up in the living room, but most of the time it was set up outside on the porch, not because of its size but because the material was too long to maneuver inside.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I got the UG stand got mine. $800. I like it a lot- I wasn't sure it liked the height but now that I've used it a little it's comfortable.

I like the compact of it whether the extensions are on it or not. Like hardwood flooring it would work really good and take up no space.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here she is! I just ordered an 8' custom fence for it as well. It seems heavy, but loading it in a vehicle couldn't be more easier. Just set the front on the tailgate and lift the back up and in.

View attachment 108207

View attachment 108208

View attachment 108209
I like your Kapex and bestfence setup Mike, and I just got the Kapex for my setup on the Bosch Gravity rise with the bestfence system. The only thing I do not like as much on the Bestfence is when the 3rd hand needs to be used, it wobbles the fence perpendicular to the fence. do you have any problem too, and is there a remidy for this?

·
GC/carpenter
43,888 Posts
I like your Kapex and bestfence setup Mike, and I just got the Kapex for my setup on the Bosch Gravity rise with the bestfence system. The only thing I do not like as much on the Bestfence is when the 3rd hand needs to be used, it wobbles the fence perpendicular to the fence. do you have any problem too, and is there a remidy for this?
I actually use two 8' fences on each side now. I don't have an issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thank you Mike, I got to find a solution for this, as I do finish carpentry and need a longer fence to support crowns etc... will post something if I found a brilliant Idea.

Jurgen

·
GC/carpenter
43,888 Posts
thank you Mike, I got to find a solution for this, as I do finish carpentry and need a longer fence to support crowns etc... will post something if I found a brilliant Idea.

Jurgen
Can you get a pic of what your talking about? Maybe I'm not quite understanding the problem correctly.

·
Always Learning
8,720 Posts
Posted before...Mine on a Keter table. I like this because occasionally I take just the saw and I can use a sys1 for material support on the ground. Other stands have brackets that prevent simple use on the ground. Then I made some custom wings.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts