Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was looking to pick up the festool bag for my two 55" guide rails.

It says it fits two rails, but in the video I saw of it, it looks like it can fit a third. Do any of you guys have one, could I fit a third rail in it?

Do you guys have any other crafty ideas for storing and transporting your guide rails other than the bag?

Dave

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks BC, I think I gonna go ahead and pull the trigger on it and then do something like you have on my ceiling or sidewall.

I see a new veto in there:thumbup:

Dave

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I had about 5 Bucket Boss's at one time. Still have them, but don't use them. The handles are too akinny, and they get too heavy. Plus, you have to hold your arm out too far, so they feel even heavier than they are! I liked working out of them, but hates carrying them.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Metro M & L said:
Cant figure out the festool stand hanging on the left...
Above the vacs? Or to the left in the side wall.

Above the vacs is the table saw and to the left is the ug wings and the runner guide for the slide table if I convert the table saw to a router table. I sometimes use the slide if I can be arsed to set the kapex up for a few cuts.

·
Registered
506 Posts
tonylumps said:
I bought the Dewalt case 51.00 has velcro straps inside to hold each track. It will hold 3 if needed.
I have the same one but I think I only paid 30 or $40 for it. The Festool bag is one of their overpriced accessories I refuse to buy. Its basically the same thing as the dewalt but more than double the price. It just a canvas zipper bag with no padded protection and it's made in China just like the dewalt bag.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
BBuild said:
I have the same one but I think I only paid 30 or $40 for it. The Festool bag is one of their overpriced accessaries I refuse to buy. Its basically the same thing as the dewalt but more than double the price. It just a canvas zipper bag with no padded protection and it's made in China just like the dewalt bag.
Yes they both hold tracks but that's where the similarity ends. The festool bag is thicker material and better quality material for one plus it has fairly thick padding if you drop anything on the track. It feels about 3/8"-1/2" thick. From what I have seen the dewalt bag is just a very cheap thin canvas bag with no padding.

·
Registered
506 Posts
BCConstruction said:
Yes they both hold tracks but that's where the similarity ends. The festool bag is thicker material and better quality material for one plus it has fairly thick padding if you drop anything on the track. It feels about 3/8"-1/2" thick. From what I have seen the dewalt bag is just a very cheap thin canvas bag with no padding.
Your right the dewalt bag is only cheap canvas with no padding. For some reason I assumed the Festool bag was only canvas with no padding also... Well you know what they say about assuming

·
Registered
204 Posts
Seems like an awful lot of money for 1/4" padding. I think I have a Roll of it and paid 7.00 for it The bag it self is the same material I was down Woodcraft.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts