Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3021 - 3040 of 7344 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
If you got girly hands like me then you can use it like a barrel grip. If you got hulk hands maybe not so much.
I tried holding it like a barrel grip but I have to keep my hand at a weird angle because my wrist hits the handle. I guess if I cut from underneath that wouldn't happen.

The main reason I'm considering the barrel grip is because the handle just feels way too small and chintzy. I've never even used a barrel grip and both my bosch jigsaws are d handle but the Carvex just feels weird.

One thing I would have to get used to is an on/off switch versus a variable speed trigger. I have a habit of throttling down as I start and stop the cut.

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,022
I tried holding it like a barrel grip but I have to keep my hand at a weird angle because my wrist hits the handle. I guess if I cut from underneath that wouldn't happen.

The main reason I'm considering the barrel grip is because the handle just feels way too small and chintzy. I've never even used a barrel grip and both my bosch jigsaws are d handle but the Carvex just feels weird.

One thing I would have to get used to is an on/off switch versus a variable speed trigger. I have a habit of throttling down as I start and stop the cut.
i been meaning to put some kind of grip on mine like hockey tape or racket grip tape. It is way to thin when holding it by the handle. Yeah when you cut from underneath your hand wont hit the grip. I use the splinter guards though so no real need to cut from underneath. even without the guards its a pretty splinter free cut.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
So I'm looking into a Cxs drill after using a co workers last week. Do any of you all own one? Likes? dislikes?

I love it. It's my go to drill for anything less than a 3" screw. It will also drive 3" screws just not as fast as my impact driver. Get the set, the right angle attachment is great to have.

It has a small battery so the battery life is a bit short but with two batteries you always have one ready. We did 20 replacement windows today with 4 screws each plus a picture window with probably 16. That was on a partially used battery and it went all day.

Size and weight is awesome. It's very ergonomic. It doesn't have a ton of torque so it won't drill a spade bit or even some larger twist bits. It has more torque in speed one than speed two though if you need it.

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,026
So I'm looking into a Cxs drill after using a co workers last week. Do any of you all own one? Likes? dislikes?
i just built out 900sqft deck with the cxs and it worked great. battery charges before the other is dead even when doing hundreds of screws a day into the deck boards. Its a very nice light weight drill and there's really no down points to it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I can't think of anything I don't like about the CXS. It fits my hand perfectly and has a lot of torque for such a small drill. The right angle attachment is very handy and has saved the day more times than I can remember.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The 2.6 batteries I think would be a really nice upgrade. Yeah the batteries charge fast, but I would rather they lasted longer and had just a little more oomph. I wish I could run 3" screws into construction lumber on speed 2. As far as the drill body is perfect.

·
Pro
2,859 Posts
Okay I did some use today with the CT wings . It works great on walls holding up material that is same thickness . I was hanging a T.V and tried it with my 8' level .

When I tried testing it on ceiling with wide ( Trim ) material it would fall out . Used a 2" wide material it work's and holds up . But I would say nothin wide . The side where it does not fit on wing it tips out . ImageUploadedByContractorTalk1419041832.089386.jpg ImageUploadedByContractorTalk1419041848.945923.jpg ImageUploadedByContractorTalk1419041862.688833.jpg

·
Artist and not a curator
10,099 Posts
Okay I did some use today with the CT wings . It works great on walls holding up material that is same thickness . I was hanging a T.V and tried it with my 8' level .

When I tried testing it on ceiling with wide ( Trim ) material it would fall out . Used a 2" wide material it work's and holds up . But I would say nothin wide . The side where it does not fit on wing it tips out . View attachment 123145 View attachment 123146 View attachment 123147
You get used to those things and they're like gold.

3021 - 3040 of 7344 Posts