Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys price building fences? Sq. Ft. Lineal ft.? Per panel? Material times x? What works best for you in terms of net dollars.

Just getting some idea's, just never had to determine what's the best or "normal" way of pricing it, any help would be appreciated.

I might end up subbing it out....not sure yet.

Thanks!

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,555 Posts
How do you guys price building fences?
Usually in dollars. :jester:

Just like any other work. Materials plus a pessimistic guesstimate on time. And then of course, I run into solid rock. :furious:

It really is like most other work; the difference is that unless you've been doing it for quite a while, know the area and are sensitive to geological clues, it's really easy to wind up way off on how hard or easy the digging is going to be. A good machine can help a lot with that, but you're never going to know for sure until after the job's done.

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
How do you guys price building fences? Sq. Ft. Lineal ft.? Per panel? Material times x? What works best for you in terms of net dollars.

Just getting some idea's, just never had to determine what's the best or "normal" way of pricing it, any help would be appreciated.

I might end up subbing it out....not sure yet.

Thanks!
ya already know the real answer :laughing:

Attachments

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Usually in dollars. :jester:

Just like any other work. Materials plus a pessimistic guesstimate on time. And then of course, I run into solid rock. :furious:

It really is like most other work; the difference is that unless you've been doing it for quite a while, know the area and are sensitive to geological clues, it's really easy to wind up way off on how hard or easy the digging is going to be. A good machine can help a lot with that, but you're never going to know for sure until after the job's done.

No peso's? WTF??

Yeah, I think I will just sub it out let them deal with it...

·
Banned
846 Posts
I hate doing fences. I take the material cost and multiply by 6 to get a quote. I do very few fences, but the ones I do I make bank on.

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would you like to buy some cookies? I got thin mints gram crunchy thins raisin oatmeal....which would you like?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts