Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone do chain link fence on here? I have a question! Not sure who to ask, or where to ask!

Thanks, Dave in PA

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know that to ask a price question is a "no no", But, the real question is, I want to put a fence up, on my property, for my dog, price pending! I will not be doing it, hire someone. I don't want a quote, for that can not happen!! JUST a ball-park price? is it $2-3 per foot, $5-10 per foot, or more like $20-30 per foot? or more? About 300lf, 4' high, flat ground, with a very slight sloop. I am just trying to get info, so I can ask the "bride", and go from there! I have not a clue, and, and trying to get a idea here to go for! Don't think the underground wire thing will work for him, to many deer, and he is a BONE HEAD NOT AFAID OF PAIN! LOL just a GREAT dog, we got him from the shelter, BUT a little "WILD" and I do mean wild on the survival things, he was a feral dog! Lived "wild for about a year" when we got him, But the most gentle thing, ya want, till all [email protected]* breaks loose! JUST want to keep him protected!
Thanks, Dave

·
Pro
2,859 Posts
If your a good tradesman it's simple . Set your post and the cut your height with pipe cutter . Install top rail then roll out fence . Install flat bar in first section stretch along fence poles and tie away .

·
Phd
85 Posts
Depends on the area...
In the south we don't have heaving issues, so the post go in only 18" to 24" deep, and are a lighter gauge.
A residential fence around here averages in the $10 - $20 per foot range.

Hope that wasn't against pricing rules

1 - 10 of 10 Posts