Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to be going down to Mobile, AL to do some blue tarping for the disaster relief. I've never done this before and I saw a couple of posts in the archives that were related. I was hoping that I could get a better idea of how this whole system works. The particular contractor that I'll be working for seems swamped and can barely answer my questions.

Couple of questions:
Is it worth it?
and
Does the following information seem legit and feasible?

1: Crew leader shall receive. $3.00 per Square which equals 100 SF or .03 cents per Square Foot of blue tarps installed.
2: Job Site Foreman / Crew leader. $3.00 per Square which equals 100 SF or .03 cents per Square Foot.
3: Laborers shall receive. $2.00 per Square which equals 100 SF or .02 cents per Square Foot of blue tarps installed.
4: Average pay last year for labors $900.00- $1500.00 / Crew leaders $1600 -$2450.00 per week. No Guarantees.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Deleted my original post - I don't want it to come across the wrong way.

Good for you for helping out, my prayers go out to all those in need because of Katrina.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Unless he's going as a member of a non-profit aid organization, why wouldn't he do it for money? His question was about fair pricing, not looting.

If any of you are like me, we are saddened by this trajedy. Send your money to the Red Cross, but there is no shame in going there to get work to feed your family.

Don't know about your prices, Endo, but with unusual conditions, who can really say for sure?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the support guys. Looks like I'll just have to take a chance and go check it out. I'll let you know how things go.

One last shot in the dark, has anyone ever heard of this company and any positive or negative feedback on them?

J & K CONSTRUCTION DESIGN * BUILD
JKbuild.net

Like I said, probably not, but couldn't hurt to ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts