Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
GC/carpenter
43,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man im in phucking pain, is there anything to take, for a severely bruised thigh? I probably shouldn't take aspirin or Aleve I think they are a blood thinner. Tylenol never seems to help me.

·
Always Learning
8,720 Posts
Man that sucks Cali! Some tylenol for the pain in the thigh and some whiskey for the bruised ego...lol.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Man, I hope you get to feeling better.

I was prescribed ibeprophen (?) 800s twice a day when I fell through a floor and broke a bunch of bones in my back. That was in '90 and I'm still on them. I can sure tell when I'm out.

Reactions: Calidecks

·
GC/carpenter
43,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
overanalyze said:
Man that sucks Cali! Some tylenol for the pain in the thigh and some whiskey for the bruised ego...lol.
I haven't fallen in years. It's what complacency does to you. I needed this to get my respect back for heights. Fortunately it's not a career ending injury. The old body doesn't bounce like it used to!

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
I haven't fallen in years. It's what complacency does to you. I needed this to get my respect back for heights. Fortunately it's not a career ending injury. The old body doesn't bounce like it used to!
Ain't that the truth....

One lands with a dull thud followed by groaning noises...:laughing:

For serious pain get a scrip for Norco. Works great and does not make you feel drunk...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
i"ve gotta preach here, sorry because I know you were kidding. NEVER mix tylenol with alcohol, it will f up your liver quickly

Advil if you have had anything to drink within a few hours

Hope you feel better, glad it wasn't a more serious injury

·
GC/carpenter
43,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seven-Delta-FortyOne said:
Rye Whiskey, Straight. :thumbsup: How high above grade? Delta
I actually didn't make it to the ground I slammed a joist with my upper thigh and my bags got hung and saved my arse. They seemed like they were up around my neck when I was done. Damn it hurt like hell.

·
GC/carpenter
43,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
larry228 said:
i"ve gotta preach here, sorry because I know you were kidding. NEVER mix tylenol with alcohol, it will f up your liver quickly Advil if you have had anything to drink within a few hours Hope you feel better, glad it wasn't a more serious injury
The good news is I don't drink alcohol, I've already had my share and everyone else's share of the stuff when I was younger. Lol

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Gotta watch your step Cali!! Hope you get to feeling better soon. Couple Jack and Cokes at night then couple Monsters with pills in the AM.

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
7,003 Posts
Sorry to hear this happening. Guess lucky it was not worse , that's the bright side of it. Something like this really makes a guy be more careful specially if you work for yourself.

·
GC/carpenter
43,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well it's bruised and I always thought you weren't to take blood thinners with a bruise. When I say bruise I mean about 6" in diameter. But it's too late I already took some Aleve.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Californiadecks said:
The good news is I don't drink alcohol, I've already had my share and everyone else's share of the stuff when I was younger. Lol
Good thing I got mine before you started, then.

Aleve is an anti-inflam like ibuprofen, so you're ok there. I am on blood thinners so all I can take is Tylenol.

·
Registered
Custom
13,678 Posts
Well it's bruised and I always thought you weren't to take blood thinners with a bruise. When I say bruise I mean about 6" in diameter. But it's too late I already took some Aleve.
Wait till the blood from that bruise starts to travel.... it'll probably look much bigger... the soreness is probably in the muscle...

Take a day off... Ice-on-off every 20 minutes... get up and walk around once an hour... Ibuprofen right before bed...

Could have been worse, thankfully it wasn't...

Heal quick and get back to work... :thumbsup:

God Bless...

·
Registered
Remodel
31,084 Posts
Wait till the blood from that bruise starts to travel.... it'll probably look much bigger... the soreness is probably in the muscle...

Take a day off... Ice-on-off every 20 minutes... get up and walk around once an hour... Ibuprofen right before bed...
KAP has this pretty much right - here's what I do. Ibuprofen is a blood thinner, and Tylenol thickens blood. For the first day or two, take Tylenol so you don't get as much leakage, then switch to ibuprofen.

The blood can and will travel down between the muscles toward your knee, and can pool there forming another nasty looking or just sore area.

Ice before you exercise it for a few days (depends on how bad it is), and hot tub in the evening once it has stopped spreading / leaking.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts