Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Interior Remodeling
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any notable differences? I have a multimax but need another. Just wondering if the fein is that much better?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Totally different ball game. Buy the Fein and you'll sell the multimax the next day. At least that's what I did. :laughing:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Fein all the way. I won one off here :clap: and have used the same model for years. I can only attest to using the Fein. They set the industry standard with that tool. Alone at the top in my opinion.

·
Registered
22 Posts
+1 fein, I had three multimax's. Doesn't even compare. I've been using a makita now for couple months. It's the closest to fein that I have found. But still doesn't compare to fein.

·
GC/carpenter
40,969 Posts
I have the makita and it works great! But I've never used anything different. So who makes the multimax?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Buddy of mine has had two bosch's. They both ended up burning up. He just bought a makita over the weekend to replace his second Bosch. He says the makita is way smoother and more powerful under a heavy load than the Bosch.

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
So has anyone used the bosch? Also, isn't the only ones that have a tool less blade change the Fein and bosch?
The dewalt is tool less blade change with their blades, the adaptor for other blades screws on so those aren't tool less.

I have a 12v Bosch as well and it's not bad but it's not that good either, we never really use it.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have the corded Bosch, (the first one they came out with so no toolless blade change.) I really liked it at first, seems it has gotten louder though and has a funny vibration I don't remember it having before. I've had it I think about 2 years. My dad used a Fein the other day and said it was lots quieter than my Bosch....

·
Registered
635 Posts
I picked up the 20v dewalt a week ago. I love the Fein but sometimes for a quick cut it is nice to have a cordless. I am impressed with the dewalt so far. Keep both the Fein and dewalt in one case.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Buddy of mine has had two bosch's. They both ended up burning up. He just bought a makita over the weekend to replace his second Bosch. He says the makita is way smoother and more powerful under a heavy load than the Bosch.
Doesn't mean anything. Your friend's probably one of those guys who tries to pull 18 feet with a 16 foot tape. :blink:

·
Registered
22 Posts
m1911 said:
Doesn't mean anything. Your friend's probably one of those guys who tries to pull 18 feet with a 16 foot tape. :blink:
Well hes not that way, but he works with a couple guys that are pretty hard on tools. So I guess that could be, but he said the makita is WAY nicer and smoother than the Bosch

1 - 20 of 23 Posts