Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
I like Green things
23,031 Posts
You know, the stuff is kind of expensive, most people look at you like you are a fool when they find out how much it cost. Funny part is, as soon as they actually pick one of the tools up and use it a little, they want to know where they can get them at.

I look at their stuff as investment quality hand held power tools, almost like a big piece of iron for the shop.

I am quite certain I could sell all my Festool's off and probably break even or come out ahead.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Dad always said to buy the best in tools and attorney's. The concept hasn't failed me in the 40+ yrs. that I've been working.

Back on topic. I saw one of my tile guys using the Multimaster and had to have one. It's paid for itself a few times over. No complaints.

·
Aussie in Norway
242 Posts
Dad always said to buy the best in tools and attorney's. The concept hasn't failed me in the 40+ yrs. that I've been working.

Back on topic. I saw one of my tile guys using the Multimaster and had to have one. It's paid for itself a few times over. No complaints.
He was a smart man. There is an old Russian saying:

"I am too poor to buy cheap things".

samthedog.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are the blades interchangeable between either of the brands? I know there is a couple places to get knock-off blades, but what if you need a blade and don't have time to order and can't find replacements locally? A buddy bought the Dremel and cons are it gets hot and the blades wear quickly. I'm leaning to the Fein or SoniCrafter.... any comments about the SoniCrafter?

·
Registered
60 Posts
First let me say I am a believer in quality tools so cut me some slack here . I've borrowed a multimaster from sub and it is king of the multi tool in my opinion .

·
Registered
559 Posts
I thought I would add my 2 cents I bought a multi master at toolking about 3 weeks ago and what a tool I have used several times and like most new tools how did I ever live with out it!

·
bathroom guru
1,348 Posts
I have had a multi-master for about 6 years - got to upgrade to the new quick release/varialbe speed this year - love it!!

Like everyone says, you may not use it all the time, but when you need it, man, is it nice to have!!

·
Palisade Point Const.
2,276 Posts
I have the fein multimaster, as well as a pneumatic windshield removing knife that fits the same blades as the Fein super cut (step up from the multimaster). I want to get the Bosch as well to give me a cordless option. it uses multimaster blades, so I have them around already anyways. I'm also going to get the little converter to convert the pneumatic saw from super cut blades to multimaster blades.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I bought the fein supercut kit over 10 years ago,and at over $600 its probably the best tool I own...Doing hardwood floors I use it all the time for cutting jambs.But it really pays for itself doing repairs on solid 3/4 t&g...The supercut has variable speed control so you can really crank it up!..It goes from 1-10,but Iv'e never had mine over 4-5...My ex wife may have used it on 7-8...:w00t:

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
I bought the fein supercut kit over 10 years ago,and at over $600 its probably the best tool I own...Doing hardwood floors I use it all the time for cutting jambs.But it really pays for itself doing repairs on solid 3/4 t&g...The supercut has variable speed control so you can really crank it up!..It goes from 1-10,but Iv'e never had mine over 4-5...My ex wife may have used it on 7-8...:w00t:
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Yep, gotta agree with that one. It is one of those tools you will never know how you did without...it is the first off the truck and the last one on.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I like Jim Carrey's Yes Man. "There is a middle ground here, you can process things, weigh them individually and make decisions on a case by case basis, AKA what normal people do."

·
Banned
3,020 Posts
Fein Multi Master

This tool is the bomb.

Every week it proves itself worthy of the expensive blades and amazes us of the stuff you can do with this tool and it's most basic 'wood/metal' blade.

Love it.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I was at a job last week where they were replacing a bunch of hardwood due to water damage, they had 3 guys all with multimasters buzzing away....what a freaking racket!

They sound like 1000 nails scraping on 1000 chalkboards all at the same time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
the fein is awesome can't judge the others never used them. if you buy the best tool you will do the best work. Ive always tortured myself over spending alot of money on a new tool but never afterwards. i have regretted buying the 'it'll do" version of any tool though. buy the best or don't buy anything.

·
Scooter
304 Posts
I couldn't imagine leaving out for a job without my multimaster. Once I got learned what it was capable of, I became an addict:thumbup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've had my supercut for a couple of years now and it is one of my favorite tools. (along with Festool, have a bunch of their tools. I've had the Kapex for almost 2 years now and love it.)

I like the supercut better than the multimaster that one of my coworkers has. The mechanism that holds the blade on is stronger and the motor has lots of power. Got it for $700 with the carpenter kit, which was a lot at the time, but now I've forgotten that and I've got a tool that will last a very, very long time.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts