Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone find a good replacement blade for the Fein multi tool?

I haven't. I've tried a few. They all suck. I even bought titanium blades. Suck.

The original blades were awesome, just expensive.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Kent Blades, I buy the bimetal packs of 10.

·
Registered
11,374 Posts
They last longer and cut better if you cut so the dust can clear. I slide and roll the blade so the dust can clear an edge. It seems to help a lot.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I pay 50 bucks for 10 I think they come from Montreal, really good quality too.

Reactions: jb4211

·
Registered
12,916 Posts
The Bosch in the 3 pack I got at Home Depot recently are really nice. You no longer need the adapter with the Bosch blades to a Fien MM.

About $30.00 for a 3 pack.

Tom

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't know that about the Bosch blades. But those Kent's seem like a good deal: 10 for $50

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The best blade I ever had, I used a cutting disk to cut out a section of a worn out handsaw, I then used a cobalt drillbit to drill holes through the section of saw and a cut down multi-tool blade and then I rivited them together. Im pondering another run but welding them instead of riviting. The more aggresive set in the teeth made them ideal for rougher work.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Bought a muti pack of Rockwell blades at Lowes a while back. Think it was 9 for around $50
Not sure if they fit Feins.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bought a muti pack of Rockwell blades at Lowes a while back. Think it was 9 for around $50
Not sure if they fit Feins.
Hey Shoe, good morning,
I used those, but they aren't really worth the money. They fit. But, they don't last no matter what I cut. I could cut soft pine with a new blade, not forcing the cut either, and the teeth would come off. I don't know what those blades are for. They just don't hold up for me. They are fairly cheap though.

The original blades were good and I like the extra length too.

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,700 Posts
Hey Shoe, good morning,
I used those, but they aren't really worth the money. They fit. But, they don't last no matter what I cut. I could cut soft pine with a new blade, not forcing the cut either, and the teeth would come off. I don't know what those blades are for. They just don't hold up for me. They are fairly cheap though.

The original blades were good and I like the extra length too.
You guys must have different working conditions than I do. I cut nothing but hardwood. Hickory, oak, walnut, ect & I use the cheapest blades I can buy on Amazon. I think they end up like $3 each. I don't cut nails with a multi tool, just wood. As someone already mentioned, moving the saw back & forth so the teeth can clear the debris makes them cut far better.

Current job I'm on, I bet we made 30 undercuts one one blade, all in hard maple & oak.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You think blades that u use suck....
Asking about a blade...
Maybe you should adjust your technique...
Just saying....
Yes, that's it. It's my poor technique. You figured it out. I should've thought of that years ago and saved myself all of this aggregation. But, thank God for you. You solved the mystery.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You guys must have different working conditions than I do. I cut nothing but hardwood. Hickory, oak, walnut, ect & I use the cheapest blades I can buy on Amazon. I think they end up like $3 each. I don't cut nails with a multi tool, just wood. As someone already mentioned, moving the saw back & forth so the teeth can clear the debris makes them cut far better.

Current job I'm on, I bet we made 30 undercuts one one blade, all in hard maple & oak.
I use my multi for tons of different things. Great tool to have. I probably bought the PG model but upgraded to Fein a while back. Great tool.

The cheap blades just don't hold up. The original Fein blades were great, just expensive: $89 for ten. I'm not happy with Rockwells. I'm going to try Kent.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts