Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Electrical Apprentice
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there just wondering if there is a canadian who knows a little about this subject.

I am putting a new circuit in and the guy has a federal pacific panel. Does the canadian federal pacific panels have the same problems that the american federal pacific panels had and should i recomend a panel upgrade to him.

Does a federal pioneer stab lok breaker work in the older federal pacific panels.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does the canadian federal pacific panels have the same problems that the american federal pacific panels had and should i recomend a panel upgrade to him.

Does a federal pioneer stab lok breaker work in the older federal pacific panels.
The new stab lock will work in the older panel.
I'm not sure if they are the same panels. The Canadian ones were made in Canada, old and new.
They're not my favorite but I wouldn't recomend a panel change unless it was unsafe.
They sell it at HD, it can't be dangerous?:w00t:

·
Electrical Apprentice
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i went there today and for the life of me i could not get the breaker in one of the 3 spots that were open. I could take out an exisitng breaker and put it in no problem but not in the open areas.

His panel is on the scary side, i told them a panel upgrade would not be bad. He had one breaker where someone had the same problem as me so they took the stab part and bent then open for it would sit on the bus bar and he has quite a few neutrals that are shareing holes on the neutral bar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.