Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I've got my steel Jackson for concrete and the heavy stuff. I have the air filled tire and filled it with slime. The only thing I hate about it is the steel piece in front of the tire that holds the wood together always hits the ground! You really have to becareful going up hills or tipping it too far, you may take a spill.

I picked up a plastic one for light duty or just moving debris and tools around outside jobs. The plastic one lasted 3 weeks, I was getting it out of the truck on a -5 degree day. I tripped and dropped it and the plastic tub shattered into a thousand pieces:laughing:

Dave

·
diplomat
5,292 Posts
When I was 11 I converted a long steep driveway into a lawn for my parents. Hauling a wheelbarrow load of topsoil up the hill, I slipped, hit my throat on the wheelbarrow, fell, and the load of topsoil unloaded, covering me. Too bad YouTube wasn't around then.

At any rate, that was a Jackson, so I prefer Sterling now.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Years ago I had a steel wheelbarrow with a narrow front that would act as a chute for pouring concrete footings. I believe it was made by Jackson, but I don't see it on their site anymore. Similar in concept to the Ames EZ Pour, but in steel.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
We have at least 10 wheelbarrows that still work and I have no idea what brand they are:blink: I guess I didn't know it mattered but apparently it does.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't think it is a brand per say but rather a ridged tray that doesn't twist and good handles that don't sag. We have one hand me down from the 70's I think that is nice.

H.o. was going to help wheel with plastic tray unit. That sucked.

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
HD steel with no air tire, honestly has held up well but I don't run them, thats what my guys are for, LOL. Finisher doesn't wheel, so anything under $100 and rolls works for me.

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
At last count I have/had:

2- all steel pipe handles

2- steel box, wood handles

1- poly box, wood handles

I know one of my kids has one....:whistling

The others are scattered around the hood...:laughing:

All have no flat tires...:thumbsup:

With a little luck I'll never see any of them again....:whistling:laughing:

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Not brand specific I'm sure but I will not buy a wheel barrow with the carriage heads in the tub. Very frustrating hitting those while mixing sacked goods with a shovel.

·
GC/carpenter
43,620 Posts
I dint know it mattered about the brand. Just checked the prices of the Jackson. I'm not ready to pay 250 bucks for a wheelbarrow. However if I was a mason I should be looking at it a little different. I have a wheelbarrow style mixer made by MultiQuip that I use for footings.

image-217784079.jpg

This thing holds 3 - 90 lb bags.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts