Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had to only live with one tool or piece of equipment soon what would you choose?

I love my SKil Mag 77 Saw (I'd link to it, but not allowed to yet)

What about you?

·
Palisade Point Const.
2,276 Posts
Hard choice there.
I'm not sure what would be number one, but the contestants would be:

for work, one of these 4:
Ti-bone
Husky 380cd
Bosch worm drive
Cordless Drill

General
CRKT Sealtac II
Norlund Mini hatchet
CZ-75
POF P308

·
Super Moderator
10,671 Posts
I'd choose either my laptop or my cell phone. Then I would be able to contact all of my cutomers and tell them I could no longer work because all of my tools mysteriously disappeared.

Seriously though, among my favorite tools:

Dewalt 4 beam laser
SDS drill
10.8 bosch impact

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'd choose either my laptop or my cell phone.
I was gonna say my flexible borescope for peering into walls, but when you said your phone that made me think, I LOVE my iPhone. I remember when we all had answering machines and you didn't hear from customers until you got home at night, now everything is real time.

:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,671 Posts
I was gonna say my flexible borescope for peering into walls, but when you said your phone that made me think, I LOVE my iPhone. I remember when we all had answering machines and you didn't hear from customers until you got home at night, now everything is real time.

:thumbsup:
How did we ever get anything done? Actually its amazing that we can get anything done now. Everything gets talked to death. I hate talking on the phone. I remember my first cell phone plan. I had 20 minutes a month and it was plenty!

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
9 in 1 painters tool........Can't seem to function without on of them around! I could do without that dang phone.

·
Registered
Brickwork
1,113 Posts
Bottle opener for my beer bottles is my favorite tool.
I would have said that as well untill I worked over in Germany and learnt from the German brickies how to open them up with a trowel, fold up tape measure, lighter, line pin or anything apart from a bottle opener. As you are allowed to drink all day on site there, this is the most important skill to learn.

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
I would have said that as well untill I worked over in Germany and learnt from the German brickies how to open them up with a trowel, fold up tape measure, lighter, line pin or anything apart from a bottle opener. As you are allowed to drink all day on site there, this is the most important skill to learn.
OMG....I went to Munich for Oktoberfest for my 30th Bday...I fell in love...now I have more reason to go back!!

My favorite tool is the block plane...usually means I'm working on something I enjoy!....I have to get a cordless impact, that may become #1

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Best tool I bought in a while was the Hardi Shears.
Great for cutting masonite when used for flooring protection as well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts