Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's tools do you guys use?

Personally, I'm a fan of Bosch Tools. We haven't brought any other brand of power tool in the last 2 years, save for a Makita Inspection Scope i got from HD last week to use while our Bosch Scope is shipped to us lol.

We have a few Hitachi tools, but they're all slowly getting replaced with Bosch as they wear out.

I have to say the Bosch Cordless Impactor is one of my favorite. Those things are built damn-near indestructible. I've dropped one from the top of a 20' scaffold tower, onto the pavers and then into a 6' deep pool. Dried it out for a couple days and its still driving screws to this day.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
42,686 Posts
wakonako said:
Who's tools do you guys use? Personally, I'm a fan of Bosch Tools. We haven't brought any other brand of power tool in the last 2 years, save for a Makita Inspection Scope i got from HD last week to use while our Bosch Scope is shipped to us lol. We have a few Hitachi tools, but they're all slowly getting replaced with Bosch as they wear out. I have to say the Bosch Cordless Impactor is one of my favorite. Those things are built damn-near indestructible. I've dropped one from the top of a 20' scaffold tower, onto the pavers and then into a 6' deep pool. Dried it out for a couple days and its still driving screws to this day.
Where are you from, and welcome to CT. This is a very loaded question, I'm going to tell you that right now. Tools are like women, what works for one man may be too expensive, ugly, fat, stupid or lazy, for another.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
No one company makes the best of everything.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Cordless goes to makita. Corded I like Bosch but have a few dewalt tools I really like too (table saw, miter saw, tile saw). Lately it seems that I try not to add any more blue to my collection but they're always close to the top.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
wakonako said:
Who's tools do you guys use? Personally, I'm a fan of Bosch Tools. We haven't brought any other brand of power tool in the last 2 years, save for a Makita Inspection Scope i got from HD last week to use while our Bosch Scope is shipped to us lol. We have a few Hitachi tools, but they're all slowly getting replaced with Bosch as they wear out. I have to say the Bosch Cordless Impactor is one of my favorite. Those things are built damn-near indestructible. I've dropped one from the top of a 20' scaffold tower, onto the pavers and then into a 6' deep pool. Dried it out for a couple days and its still driving screws to this day.
Festool, makita, dewalt, bostitch, paslode, ridgid, bosch. Got a bit of everything from all different brands, not sold on one brand in particular, I typically look at all my options when buying something, look at reviews whatever comes out on top is what I get. Personal favorite is festool.

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
Corded - I tend to go with Hitachi, a decent product at relatively low price. I do have a bunch of older craftsman stuff I've picked up at yardsales as well.

Cordless - Bosch

Handtools - I've got a bit of everything

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Raimondi and Sigma:thumbsup:

It seems though that more and more of the tools I use Daily to make money are DeWalt. They are not my "favorite" in that I spend time playing with them and making cool mods, designing efficient cutting tables and storage shelves for my collection of cases, but without really liking DW, I seem to use a lot of them.

Reactions: Inner10

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree with most, not one company can fill all my tool needs. When I first started a few decades ago all I wanted to do is have all my tools be black and yellow. At the time in my region everyone thought they were the best! Now after using many different brands I feel I need a little bit of them all in my arsonal.

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
by far Hilti, only for their service that NO ONE else comes close,
My Core drilling machine took a dump half way through, a phone call and 20 minutes later a rep came down, took my DD 130 for service, and left my with a DD 160, and bit to finish.
same thing with their rotary hammer, I plugged it into the wrong outlet, fried it, called them,
they came down with an extra, and brought in for service the broken one,
When i need something, a blade, an angle grinder, etc.. all i do is call, and they come to the job.
They cost, and are decent tools, but the service is what throws them into another dimension

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
wakonako said:
Who's tools do you guys use?

Personally, I'm a fan of Bosch Tools. We haven't brought any other brand of power tool in the last 2 years, save for a Makita Inspection Scope i got from HD last week to use while our Bosch Scope is shipped to us lol.

We have a few Hitachi tools, but they're all slowly getting replaced with Bosch as they wear out.

I have to say the Bosch Cordless Impactor is one of my favorite. Those things are built damn-near indestructible. I've dropped one from the top of a 20' scaffold tower, onto the pavers and then into a 6' deep pool. Dried it out for a couple days and its still driving screws to this day.
Where did you get the Makita inspection scope?

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Raimondi and Sigma:thumbsup:

It seems though that more and more of the tools I use Daily to make money are DeWalt. They are not my "favorite" in that I spend time playing with them and making cool mods, designing efficient cutting tables and storage shelves for my collection of cases, but without really liking DW, I seem to use a lot of them.
I started with cordless Dewalts, then bought hilti, rigid and makita...now I'm back to DeWalt.

Is there anything Raimondi you don't own now?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Dewalt for cordless stuff and mostly Bosch for corded. Just ended up that way. One day I looked in my trailer and realized I had a bunch of Bosch stuff. Didn't plan it that way.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts