Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Who makes your favorite chainsaw?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real saw, a mans saw, a saw with an engine, we're talking CHAINSAWS BABY!!!:thumbup::clap:

My favorite saw, hands dow with no hesitation, is my Husqvarna 359 w/ 26" bar. I have bigger and more powerful saws, and smaller saws, but the 359 is my can-do saw. One of the better balanced saws Husqy makes. Excellent throttle response, plenty of power, light enough to use for several hours without fatiguing.

The 359 is the best all rounder I've ever used, and it's not even a pro grade saw! :blink:

What's your favorite saw?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Long as it doesn't have safety chain I'll give it a try. If I'm going to screw up and cut myself I want to do a proper job of it.

Even some of Husqvarnas pro series saws now come with safety chain. Madness!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Weve only ever had stihls, but I have used a Husky, and I wouldnt have a problem buying one for the right price.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
87.5% for Stihl? This poll is biased. I demand a recount. We must have some sort of a hanging chad issue here.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried to get as many of the major brands as I could in the poll. Feel free to vote other on any brands I may have missed as your favorite.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Really a tough question because most people have only tried one maybe two saws. You really have to try many brands to answer a question like this objectively.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
My old Dolmar is one reliable piece of equipment,I had a Stihl pro model for about 2 weeks-Stolen!
IT WAS VERY NICE.

Poulan are home owner throw aways.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
The only one I have that actually WORKS is an old electric 14" Wenn with a manuel oiler.

My father has a 26" Homelite thats about 50 years old and he went to get a new chain for it and the salesman went into the back and pulled an old rusty chain from a pail and said "I don't know where we got this and I can't get anymore so just take it". Its a beast, in five minutes my arms feel like they are about to fall off and my thumb is soar from the stiff oiler.

I'm with-hold my vote for I haven't used enough chainsaws to make an accurate vote.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have a stihl ms361 great all around saw. Also a stihl ts800 16"maniac very heavy but very fast and powerful :thumbsup:

If i were to buy another chainsaw it would be the husky 372xp, weight of my 361 with the power of a stihl 460

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,973 Posts
ICS makes my favorite chainsaw, but I use mine for cutting concrete. For wood I own a Stihl and a Poulan, the Poulan is easier to start.

·
Contractor
4,737 Posts
I had a McCullough Timberbear for quite some time but ALWAYS fought to get it started. broke down and bought a Husky and after 2yrs and infrequent use love it. my biggy: make it easy to start...this saw wins in that department!

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
my biggy: make it easy to start...this saw wins in that department!
Thats why I have so much love for my electric Wenn...always starts..if its plugged in.:whistling

1 - 20 of 23 Posts