Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
improving homes
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a safety forum but it doesn't seem to get much traffic so thought I would put this here to hopefully get some more opinions.

Ordering a new dust mask and thought I would pick up a new pair of glasses also. I work alone most of the time and to be honest taking care of myself isn't always at the top of the list like it should be. I used to be a union carpenter way back when and we had to wear the whole nine yards every single day all day. Not sure where I decided to go from all to none but I need to get back into the habit of wearing my PPE when I should.

So what is your favorite pair of safety glasses? I wear contacts and glasses but mostly contacts. So want a "normal" pair for now but might also look into getting a pair to go over my glasses also.

Main thing will be for sawdust and metal shavings when drilling and cutting things.

·
Hack
3,010 Posts
I'm biased towards Edge Eyewear safety glasses.
It's all I've used.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,077 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Since you wear glasses, you could get a pair of prescription safety glasses made up. Since you need them to see, you'll never take them off.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Similar to above^ These are the Uvex ones I bought for nasty overhead work.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010ZJ50U/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These cases are nice for holding glasses on your tool kit.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F3KCCEE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When grinding or other types of metal working I wear safety glasses and a Uvex full face shield. Same when welding, flame cutting, plasma cutting, etc. Learned from my friend who is a professional welder. Saved my eye from pain doing so.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also have been wearing contacts for 5 years now. But still, I have like two good pairs of glasses when I am tired of wearing the contacts, or my eyes can’t handle them anymore and get very dry. It is important to take a break once in a while from contacts. I usually buy the glasses online from amazon. I find that their variety is pretty large, so I have a lot to choose from. Also, lately, I’ve been experimenting with colored contacts, just to switch up my normal look. I got this pair from Natural Blue Contacts | Buy Blue Eye Contacts Colored Contact Lenses and I really like them so far. They make me look different, which I enjoy for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts