Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:Thumbs: I own a painting business and charge $1.75 A square foot for a standard painting job.If there are any other painting contractors who charge by the square foot i was wondering....do you charge more per square foot if its a faux finish painting job?I was thinking of keeping the 1.75 a square foot for standard paint jobs,but charging by the hour if its a faux finish job seeing as how a faux job takes more time to complete.I can really use some feedback im kinda new to this.

P.S
Very cool forum.
SwishPainting

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey swish.
My labor prices for my area are set at 1.58 per total sqft plus the cost of paint.
But for faux finish, just the same as a new textured or popcorn ceiling, I charge 50.00 per hour plus the cost of materials.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Do you guys really estimate on floor surface area instead of wall surface area?

Also, how much do you charge for doors and trim?

·
Registered
30 Posts
50.00 sounds about right per hr for faux some people get more... I do sqft by surface area. And if you want to do just sQft y floor just raise price per sqft. At least that's what I've been reading.

·
Super Moderator
10,672 Posts
Jersey:

I know that you are new here, but you just revived a thread that is 9 years old. Not sure there is much relevant information there.

Welcome to CT by the way!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.