Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a whole fleet of bostitch rn46 and i was wondering what is the fastest roofing gun on the market? so i can speed up nailing

·
Roofer
681 Posts
13 oz, wooden handle, sharpened claw, 11 1/4 inches long.

Cost = $13.00
Life Span = 9 years
Maintenance cost = $0.00
Accessories = magnet roughly the size of a quarter set in super glue and wrapped in electrical tape, $9.50 to set it up and another $0.30 per week for up keep.
(I myself have not used a magnet in years)

·
Shingler extraordinaire
Sales Estimator/ Project Manager
9,822 Posts
I have used Hitachi, #1 in almost everybody I knows opinion, bostich, ok but heavy, porter cable, cannon but I don't like the nose on it. I like the balance and optimized recoil on the Hitachi, the new one has a 3 carbide contacts on the nose, and a magnet that makes the last nail from a coil count.

·
Work too cheap
40 Posts
We purchased a few of the DeWalt's last year and I'll tell you for the cost I'm impressed. I loaned it to another contractor and he went and bought 4 of them for his crew and they all love them too. Who knew? I have a Hitachi (hate it too strange to load and feels cheap but isn't) and several older Bostich Ridge Runner II's that have been very reliable and then the dreaded Ridgid that breaks about every other time we use it and Home Depot has sent it back 5 times under warranty. JUNK!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
just did 30 squares with the maxx and the only problem was it would have to be reloaded. lighter and more user friendly than any others i've tried.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
the recoil is faster make it able to shoot more nails per second >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
You can only shoot as fast as your men can aim them. Recoil on any of the major brands are fast and I will tell you, I have never been faster than the gun!

·
Registered
668 Posts
we have both and i am accurate faster with the hitachi it seems to bounce back less, but there are better ways to make roofing more efficient

·
Design Build
6,679 Posts
Up here...guys who went too fast did substandard work...now when you hire a roofer - the "good" ones will shingle by hand with hammer and nails. There is a definite stigma to gun nailing on shingles up here.

I think guns are better (being a framer - I never look to "have" to hand bang anything) but if a man is lazy or erratic with a gun, I can see how that could be really bad on a roof job.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts