Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a perimeter to be lined with 10ga steel sheets that needs to have 5/8th drywall attached to it.

I plan on using construction adhesive to adhere the drywall to the steel , along with pre drilling a few holes and a few screws.

Im pretty confident on my method but was wondering on opinions/another way.

Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
hilti has some screw for that application they are bad ass screws. 10 gage metal seem a little extreme. 16 or 20 gage should work fine. going to bee time consuming with that heave gage metal . cool dude in broken arrow

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Interior application I assume........I would think glue would work, contact cement or trowed adhesive. Self tappers may work but you may have to pre-drill holes. good luck!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interior application I assume........I would think glue would work, contact cement or trowed adhesive. Self tappers may work but you may have to pre-drill holes. good luck!
Yes, interior application. Yea...pretty much the process. Im hoping the sheets are dry and does not have oil on them!

Thanks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hilti Tek screws are what you want. Self cutting. They'll go into steel girders. You need a good drill though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts