Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a couple of these to help me do a crown molding job. I put up 5 inch wide, 15 foot crown molding with just myself and two of these. They worked like a charm, showed up on time and didn't require workmen's comp.

http://www.fastcap.com/prod.asp?page=3rdhand

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Now you tell me... LOL

Those look nice and their not a bad price either. Maybe we can get him to send one over for a full review!

U

·
0 Posts
3rd Hands

I called FastCap and they told me there is a sale at Amazon.com on these !!!
I bought the "Contractor Pak" (4 hands and feet with case) for $159.99
with free shipping !!!

WooHooo !!!

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way for crown molding they worked better than I had hoped. On a 15 foot wall I placed one on each end about 2 feet from the end of the molding. I had them sort of leaning against the wall allowing the molding to sit about 1-2 inches lower then its finished place. Since they swivel on a ball it was easy to angle the holders to the angle of the crown. Then I just set one end of the crown up on one end and walked up the step ladder on the other end and placed that end in the other 3rd hand. Then I went back to the first moved the molding into position and then cranked up that 3rd hand which held the molding perfectly in place. That was the part that suprised me, that with a few pumps of the little hand crank the thing jacked right into position perfectly. A couple of adjustments back on the other end and then I started air nailing working my way down. The part that I thought was going to be the worst ended up being actually more helpful then having somebody helping me.

I'm going to get a few more and look into the way they can be used to put up a dust shield in a home around your work area. I got mine locally at a contractor supply house for about $29 each.

·
Registered
386 Posts
3rd Hands

I got the second notice from Amazon.com telling me the product ordered was "Not Available" asking if I wanted to let my order ride.
I Cancelled it, will have to buy these from somewhere else. It really chaps my hide when people or businesses sell products or services they do not have or are unable to produce !!

C

·
0 Posts
3rd Hand -Amazon?

Spectatorz said:
I got the second notice from Amazon.com telling me the product ordered was "Not Available" asking if I wanted to let my order ride.
I Cancelled it, will have to buy these from somewhere else. It really chaps my hide when people or businesses sell products or services they do not have or are unable to produce !!
Spectatorz-
Was just wondering if you ever got your hands on a "3rd Hand" ? :)
The best thing to do is contact FastCap & they can direct you to a company that carries them close to you. Do you know if Amazon was sold out or what was going on? Anyway...hope you were able to purchase one of these..they are a great help!

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I'm like Grumpy sometimes and why am I seeing a pool cleaning pole with a crutch tip and a modification to the other end?
Good idea, just could be done for less money.

·
Registered
386 Posts
3rd Hands

CabinetQueen said:
Spectatorz-
Was just wondering if you ever got your hands on a "3rd Hand" ? :)
The best thing to do is contact FastCap & they can direct you to a company that carries them close to you. Do you know if Amazon was sold out or what was going on? Anyway...hope you were able to purchase one of these..they are a great help!
Actually, after getting the run around over these from Amazon I just cancelled my order !!!
Maybe here in the future I will contact a dealer in this area and make a purchase, but for now we will just wait.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
They decided not to show up for work today....:laughing:

Server object error 'ASP 0230 : 80004005'

Server.Transfer Error

/estore/pc/404b.asp, line 14

The call to Server.Transfer failed while loading the page.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts