Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I usually do formwork/precast work but have been stuck on a light commercial gig for too long - it has a roof FFS :p I have quite a bit of trim to do 30+ windows 40+ doors and baseboard.

I've done a little here and there in the past and can make it look tidy enough, just not that quick (it's all square except the baseboard which has a small bevel - so pretty basic) Am looking for some good production methods and tips to speed things up.

The only issue is the gib is proud of the window jams in quite a few spots (instead of flush) is planing the back of the casing or smashing the gib the usual solution for this? Other than that it's all rinse/repeat.

Any good reading/vids/old threads you have all come across? Oh and when are we going to get a small(sub 10")/battery/dual bevel drop saw, went shopping for one on the weekend and just couldn't shell out for a wee single bevel like the dewalt/makita :-(

All paint finish as you guys say and gib = sheetrock is that right?! other side of the world and all....

·
Head sawdust creator
1,125 Posts
If the doors are all the same size and windows are all the same size, cut all your casing then put them all into there openings. Then you can start nailing!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts