Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

My first post here. I didn’t know where else to turn to so I hope to get some quality advice here. I recently contacted a few roofers to repair 3 areas on my fascia board as shown in pictures. I live in South Florida (Miramar).

13C64626-46EA-4E63-A6B2-BB8016A89910.jpeg 27307D82-963A-4959-87E4-796AFB453068.jpeg 2CAA154E-DE45-4834-BABF-9EDD18B6FC0C.jpeg

A WDO inspector told me that the wood was rotted and needed to be changed. One contractor told me it’s a simple fascia board repair. Another one told me that it’s due to a “leak”.
To save $900 I went with the simple fascia board repair option.

As the repair began, I started taking pictures to document progress. Long story short, could someone tell me if

(a) there are any signs of a leak that would need to be repaired based on the pictures?

(b) I was told the leak could possibly be in the underlayment and not necessarily the tile itself. Is this statement true?

c) after repairs were done, I see gaps between the metal flashing and 1” furring strip. Is this something that I should report back to the owner and should be concerned about?

My roof is currently at 22 years. No visible leaks inside house ceiling or walls. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,833 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to Register

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.