Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tinkering with the idea of adding a FAQ to my new website. The more content to keep them there, the better in my eyes. Problem is, brain storming and brain farts are one and the same for me.

I don't doubt a feature like this is something any paint contractor could use on their website. Hopefully, I can get some useful input on this topic as far as painting goes. I'll start off with a couple basic questions I get asked a lot. Please help elaborate and build something informative that everyone can utilize.

If nothing else, this thread can be used to post common questions and answers that will help all of us....

1.) Are you licensed?
Yes. Our company meets all of the city of Jacksonville, Duval County, and the State of Florida's necessary licensing requirements for painting contractors.

2.) Are you insured?
Of course! Our company is backed by $XXXXX general liability policy, and/or $XXXXX insurance bond for your peace of mind. Whatever you do, DO NOT ever hire a contractor who does not have the proper licensing and insurance. Doing so puts you and your property at great risk.

3.) I want XXX brand of paint, will you use it?
Our company generally uses and recommends XXXX brand of paint because our company name relies on the products we use. We pass the manufacturer's warranties on to the customer, as well as cover the work with our own warranty. We are positive we can rely on XXXX from years of experience with their products. We are positive the result will be nothing less than stunning both in beauty, and durability....and we guarantee it!

4.) How soon can you schedule my job?
Once we receive a deposit for your project we put you on our schedule behind our current jobs. You will be notified how long our backlog of work is upon payment of deposit. We will keep you up to date on any scheduling issues by e-mail. If we have two weeks of scheduled projects ahead of you and it rains one day, expect an additional one day delay to commencement.

OK, as you can see, some are basic/no brainer questions, but customer's ask them all day long. I gave some basic answers as well, but I'm all ears. Give any questions with or without answers you think are relative. "what about my furniture" "what about my floors" etc etc.

·
Banned
187 Posts
How often should I repaint the exterior of my home or business?

If paint is starting to peel, the sooner you repaint the better. The longer you wait, the more preparation time will be necessary and the higher the cost will be. Some homeowners and businesses paint every 4-5 years.

Why?

It keeps the home or business looking its best at all times, they stay ahead of deterioration, and it's very cost effective because there is very little prep time-just clean and paint. Having to spend 3-4 days scraping peeling paint can add a tremendous amount to the cost of a new paint job.

A fresh paint job always helps the value of a property! Painting your property before it starts to deteriorate is always the smart and economical thing to do. Plus, there's nothing better than getting compliments on your professionally painted property!

Tom
Ranger Painting & Pressure Cleaning, Inc.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Hey AA - #1 - don't call it a F.A.Q.

Call it something that a customer will can identify with and understand like "Simple questions our customer ask about us" or "Everything you need to know about how your project will go", "How we do business" or something like that.

·
Banned
187 Posts
How about this one:

How do your prices compare to other contractors?

My prices are very competitive when you are comparing the same service. I only use top quality paints with top manufacturers. I focus on top notch preparation in order to make my job last.

When you combine this with my warranty and compare me to other contractors I know you will find me to be the best value around.

Price + Quality = Value

Tom
RANGER Painting & Pressure Cleaning, Inc.

It's great working 3 miles from home, I can play on the 'puter while I feed my face.

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mike and Tom. I will heed your suggestions! BTW, those are some good questions Tom! Unfortunately, at the moment, my brain farter isn't working, so I can't spit out more questions to further this thread.....too much other stuff to work on at the moment, lol! Keep the good answers....err questions, coming! :Thumbs:

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
I only clicked on this thread because I thought that the title was "***", instead of FAQ. I was wondering what **** have to do with painting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts