Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fake rocks or I think they may be called faux rocks. What type of place would sell these. Do you mason's see them at your supply house?

I need some for a fake fireplace (gas) for an upcoming cabanna project is why I ask.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
Do you mean thin stone/thin veneer/applied veneer? If so yes. And many regular builing suppliers also sell it. Eldorado and Cultured stone are the biggest players. Google either of thm and your location and I'm sure a supplier will show up

·
Vendor
6,347 Posts
MPI, Boral, Acme, hell Home Depot and Lowes sell them in Austin. The real stone adhered veneer is cheaper in Austin, and has about the same lead time.

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MPI, that's right around the corner from my decking supplier, I'll have to stop by next time I'm over that way.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I didn't realize they made them this big. Doubles as a dog house or garden shed. :laughing:
http://www.exterior-accents.com/arro61.html?ds_source=pla00&fxcha=cse&fxsrc=Google%20Shopping&fxcamp=PLA_All_Products&fxgrp=All_Products&kw={adwords_producttargetid}

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I love phony rocks,especially when the are glued onto a wooden chimney with a tin flue surrounded by a tin cap.

It looks so intriguing, especially when the fireplace chase is cantilevered, I really love that gravity defying look !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts