Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all. My name is Max and I am starting the process of building a detatched garage at the end of my driveway. I would like some input on approximate pricing.

Some details:

I live in central Ohio. The size of the garage will be 24' across the front, 48' deep. The area where the slab will be placed will need to be raised 24 inches (approx.) in the rear of the building. It is a slope from the end of the driveway to the rear of the yard. The electrical will need to be able to power the door openers, lights, and several tools (chop saw, heater, T.V., Stereo, etc.). I will be using the overhead areas for storage only, at least right now.

What I would like is approximate pricing, but just as important, what questions should I be asking these guys when they come out? Also, are there things I should have built now rather than later? For instance if I decide five years from now that I want to convert the upper area to a workshop by having dormers or something added to the roof. is this going to require different construction now?

Any and all ideas and input will be welcome and appreciated.

Have a day,

Max

·
Registered
318 Posts
price

"Fair price" is really relative to the market. Get a couple bids and then check out the thread linked below on selecting the best contractor. Garage contractors will probably get you a better price as they typically (at least around here) bulk-buy their materials moreso than most General Contractors and use guys with skills relative to garage building.

Tim

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Tim, You have different codes for outbuildings?
Here, once you exceed 10X10 the same codes apply to outbuildings as any residential structure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts