Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
www.magicpoolservices.com
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up CT.

I just got onboard with Facebook Social Graph.
It's very cool. :thumbsup:

You can search nearby shops and restaurants near you or ones your friends liked.

Moving forward, the ability to influence your Social Networks and have people "talking about your company" and "liking" your content in Social Media is going to be a game changer in the world of SEO.

Facebook (#2) is trying to go toe to toe with Google (#1) for the "Search" battle royal.

Anyone else got it yet ?

Let's hear your thoughts..................... :clap:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Mostly it seems creepy and I don't care for it. However I see tons of potential and even more reason to build engagement in Facebook. I noticed Facebook had introduced a rating system for some business types and I could see that being huge with graph search. I'm just not sure how many people will be searching Facebook for contractors, I guess it couldn't be any less than yelp...

By the way when did you sign up for the beta? I got graph search a few weeks ago on one account but another account still hasn't been let into the rollout. I signed up that account about 2 weeks ago.

·
www.magicpoolservices.com
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lee. I don't recall when I requsted for the beta, but I have been live for 3 weeks now. I think it's cool. The intergration for the search "local" is where I see the benefit for all business.

By nature Facebook will always evolve....and totally mess things up for us - lol :laughing:

·
Registered
785 Posts
MagicPoolSvcs said:
By nature Facebook will always evolve....and totally mess things up for us - lol :laughing:
So long as it's not as huge of a mess as google+ local I'm up for it. Now I only need a few thousand more fans to catch up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts