Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I finally started a personal Facebook page and built a business page off that. Friended my first person Wednesday night at 5:00 PM. It is now two days later and I've got about 50 likes and 175 friends.

After you get x amount of likes you get page insights which is really cool.

There are people liking my page and photos that I have never met. Pretty amazing way to get the word out and completely free. If you haven't done it I would recommend it...

·
Registered
785 Posts
That's awesome. When you're at it you should come over and start a google+ Page and post it here to and I'll like it. I think it will is a bit ahead of it's time but could be valuable and you're still able to get in early.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
That's awesome. When you're at it you should come over and start a google+ Page and post it here to and I'll like it. I think it will is a bit ahead of it's time but could be valuable and you're still able to get in early.
I have the google+ but I'm not real sure how to use all of it yet. It seems like it could be a benefit.

·
Marketing Ninja
26 Posts
That's awesome Spencer!

Facebook is really awesome right now for promoting your business. It's relatively easy to get likes, and you can run ads or sponsored post that target your exact ideal customer.

It's quite amazing once you really understand the Power Editor.

Best of luck to you!

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's awesome Spencer!

Facebook is really awesome right now for promoting your business. It's relatively easy to get likes, and you can run ads or sponsored post that target your exact ideal customer.

It's quite amazing once you really understand the Power Editor.

Best of luck to you!
Care to elaborate on the "Power Editor?"

·
Marketing Ninja
26 Posts
Care to elaborate on the "Power Editor?"
No problem!

Power Editor lets you utilize some of Facebook's demographic research partners to precisely target your ideal prospects.

The number of variables you can drill into are more than you'll ever need. Here's just a couple ways you can slice and dice who will see your ads:

by household size
whether or not they own a dog
what type of car they drive
what charitable causes they donate to
what they do for a living
what types of magazines they subscribe to
whether they shop at high-end department stores or not
and many many many many more!

Keep in mind, this is based on actual user buying history - not Facebook profile data. Their partners have been collecting demographic and psychographic data for years.

You can also purchase a list of from another source and market to those people on Facebook. Say you wanted to target all doctors that drove BMWs living within a 50 mile radius of you. You can buy that list from any number of brokers including InfoUSA.com. Then take the phone numbers on that list, upload them to Facebook as a custom audience, and your ad will only show to them.

Now, the % of people that click on FB ads is small, so if that above example is only 400 people, you're not going to get very far.

You can also bulk edit ads, turn shared stories in sponsored posts, and much more.

You can find FB power editor here: https://www.facebook.com/ads/manage/powereditor/

Spend some time in the tutorials to learn more.

In short, it's never been easier than it is now to get your message in front of the most qualified prospects using Facebook. Take advantage of it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts