Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Referral Service
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this originally in the "If You're Not On Facebook" thread, but I'm thinking this is important enough to warrant its own thread.

From my original post:
It sounds like Facebook may be working for some of you guys, but be wary of their paid 'Promote Your Page'. According to this video, FB may be using click farms in Egypt, India, etc. to increase the number of likes on your page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVfHeWTKjag

I don't know if this is true or not, but you may want to check your engagement numbers against the rise in Likes.

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,677 Posts
It's kinda funny. A year ago I had that suspicion because I did do a little promoting. Since I try to look at everyone that likes my page, I did come across 2 people that showed there employment at places friends of mine have worked for years.
I asked them about these people... (maybe they even recommended the page) if they knew them... No trace. Name, picture or anything about the profile was recognized by these people.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I can see 92 out of 166 total likes. Is there a way to know who the others are?
Often the rest are pages.

1. Go to show admin panel
2. Click on see likes
3. There is a pull down menu that says "people that like this page" click on that and you will see "pages that like this"

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,677 Posts
Paid likes are useless in my opinion.
However, Facebook ads also offers clicks to website, so instead
of paying for likes, pay for website visits, and verify that the visitors are in fact US based.
Only problem with promoted posts are between clicking the link or liking it...

If someone clicks the link, you're golden.

If someone just likes it, that's ok too but on mobile (after someone likes a sponsored post) Facebook immediately throws a drop down menu of "pages similar to your company" (ie, competition) to like as well whether the other companies pay for sponsoring or not...

Advertising dollars are much better spent on the website, seo, videos etc...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts