·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder
1,074 Posts
Personally I think it may be overkill

My reasoning is that you will wind up needing to manage yet another technology with limited contacts. Keep in mind that your best asset is your time and there are only so many things you will be able to keep up with, and also run your business. Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are some of the ones that I think are a little overkill for the average contractor. I do realize there is always a push to be a part of the next best thing for marketing but I do not see much of substance coming out of this for you. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for your website is a totally different thing and one that I would suggest first before looking into anything else to spend your time on. Again, just my opinion. Best wishes either way. Brian

·
Registered
10 Posts
If I may add, make sure to interact with your fans or followers by telling them your current status, updates on your websites, news about your business etc. It will help them have a peek at what your business can offer them that is also worth telling others.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Banned
177 Posts
My reasoning is that you will wind up needing to manage yet another technology with limited contacts. Keep in mind that your best asset is your time and there are only so many things you will be able to keep up with, and also run your business. Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are some of the ones that I think are a little overkill for the average contractor. I do realize there is always a push to be a part of the next best thing for marketing but I do not see much of substance coming out of this for you. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for your website is a totally different thing and one that I would suggest first before looking into anything else to spend your time on. Again, just my opinion. Best wishes either way. Brian

Sorry to break it to ya. But this is where SEO is headed. This comes straight from the source "Google". Social Media is a way for small business owners to promote their own business without having to hire someone like yourself. Building up your social media will increase the page rank thus creating higher quality links than "article submission".

·
www.magicpoolservices.com
831 Posts
Sorry to break it to ya. But this is where SEO is headed. This comes straight from the source "Google". Social Media is a way for small business owners to promote their own business without having to hire someone like yourself. Building up your social media will increase the page rank thus creating higher quality links than "article submission".

KC is 100% correct on this statement. Social Media will take time, but the benefits will pay off.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts